PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmoo

Lurker
Jun 22, 2018
I guess I still need to get acclimated to pipe smoking but this canker is so annoying. How long does this take to go away and get acclimated to smoke

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have a good pharmacist, he or she can probably recommend an over-the-counter medicine for this. I think camphor was the old time remedy, and may still be used, but I'd ask at the drugstore/chemist (U.K.). If it persists, see your doctor. I think these can be minor viral infections or a dietary deficiency.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Last year had a canker sore on the roof of my mouth and the local pharmacist suggested G.U.M. Ricinol www.gumbrand.com/gum-rincinol-mouth-rinse-1770r.html
It's a rinse that applies a thin protective coating. It's available at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS...

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Too much orange juice or tomatoes and I tend to get one. Something about the acidic foods I guess. I find rinsing with salt water a few times a day helps. I pick up the pipe when I have them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When you're lucky, a lot of these sore spots resolve themselves. If not, see your pharmacist and if necessary your doctor.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I used to get these when I was a kid quite a bit. Whenever I did, my mom would dip a wet q-tip in some alum and hold it on the sore for about 20 seconds. Hurts like hell(and tastes even worse), but every time they were resolved within a day. I can't say I've ever gotten a canker sore from smoking though. Are you sure it's a canker sore and not a steam burn, maybe from puffin a bit to fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.