(69 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by mrenglish
  • Latest reply from Lawrence
  1. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What other hobbies do you have?

Aside from pipe smoking, I read a lot. Currently Pulp Science Fiction and Zombie stories on my Nook. It is pretty mindless reading which helps relax the brain after critical thinking all day at work. I also read a lot of World War II stuff and play a WWII board game called Advanced Squad Leader. So those two things plus pipe smoking/collecting pretty much takes up all my free time. I smoke cigars as well, but not with nearly the intensity of buying pipe tobacco and pipes.

Mike

Michael
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. nikko

nikko

Login to Send PM

Beer brewing, cooking, cigars, and working on cars (although not currently, apparently there is nothing to fix when you get a newer, who knew?). I like to read a lot as well, but find that I never do quite as much as I'd like. Lastly, I've taken a big interest in my health, both in eating and exercising, just wasn't happy with how I was and decided to change it; plus being in better shape will make the fire academy I'm doing this fall that much less difficult.

Joshua

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. ruraldean

ruraldean

Login to Send PM

Reading, writing (which I do for a living and for fun)and I keep snakes (colubrids).

Reading varies from Lee Child to more serious theological works. OK, mostly theological stuff. One of my short stories here: http://lefthandedscribblings.co.uk/2008/09/my-best-friend/ (private blog).

The snakes are Ruby, Coal, Kora and Willow. Just so you know.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Working, family and tring to get a better job (4 interviews in the last month and a half and no luck)... I have a interview this wednesday at a Prison Hospita, for the mentally ill inmates

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. patiobum

patiobum

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cigars, woodworking, golf, amateur radio.

cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.......

martin
    Posted 6 years ago #
  6. topd

TopD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife says my other hobby is watching the weather. She gets up and looks to see what I'm
    doing. If I'm not getting ready to go hunting, fishing or go play golf, she says she knows
    then that it's going to be lighting some time during the day.

Steve 'Top' Downey
    Master Sergeant
    USMC - Retired
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. damnyak

damnyak

Login to Send PM

Aside from leather-smithing I am big time into Bushcraft and Camping. Mainly Wilderness Canoe Tripping. This year the wife and I are doing 7 nights in the French River area.

-damnyak AKA Double-Goofy.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. lankfordjl

lankfordjl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Besides pipe smoking...reading (Bible studies, health and physiology studies, fiction, primitive living), long-distance running (i.e. 10K, half-marathon, marathon), occasional woodwork, gardening, cooking, canning, sitting around at the local coffee shop, learning about coffee and tea, cigar smoking, occasional fly-tying and fly-fishing, insect collecting, traveling, hiking, collecting antiques (pocket watches, knives, etc. when I can afford it), and trying to please my wife.

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain-
    "A pipe helps a wise man to think and gives a fool something to put in his mouth" -Trischman's Paradox-
    "Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;...but I discipline my body and make it my slave." -1Cor 9-
    Posted 6 years ago #
  9. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Since there has been an existing thread on this which I started 2 years ago, maybe a Moderator can move this one in to it for us. The thread is actually on the same front page as this thread.
    http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/list-your-other-hobbies-interests

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  10. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ooops, sorry!

Posted 6 years ago #
  11. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

I don't know it these are hobbies: Fishing(inshore $ offshore), surfing, and turkey hunting.

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Hobie,
    I think this is a good string.
    It'll give us "Codgers" a chance to update what mischief we've been up to.

Lately... made another "racing" tamper from ebony a couple of weeks ago.

Brewing Mead... currently have Chocolate Cherry will be ready in November of 2014, Chocolate Habanero same as the first Nov. of 14, Japanese Apple Cinnamon, Orange Vanilla, and my specialty... Hibiscus.

Growing "Super Hots". I have Bhut Jalokia "Ghost Chilis", 7 Pot Douglah, 7 Pot Chocolate Douglah, 7 Pot Brain Strain, a couple of others and for the whimps in the family, Chocolate Habaneros.
    My Trinidad Scorpions didn't come up...

Portents of doom:
    Bhut Jalokia "Ghost Chili" blossoms:

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 6 years ago #
  13. choch

choch

Login to Send PM

I'm an audiophile, wine & spirits collector (I sell both for a living), film buff, cocktail geek, I collect vintage cocktail memorabilia, as well as anything that's Tiki related.

"I must point out that my rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking tobacco and also the drinking of alcohol before, after, and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them."
    Winston Churchill, Said during lunch with Arab leader Ibn Saud, when he heard the king's religion forbade smoking and alcohol
    Posted 6 years ago #
  14. barkar

barkar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oil painting....landscape artist.

Keep your stick on the ice!....Barry....
    Posted 6 years ago #
  15. nightmarejones

nightmarejones

Login to Send PM

Playing drums in my band,recording other bands,some studio musician work,restoring pipes and beginning to carve pipes.

Posted 6 years ago #
  16. tslex

tslex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I write a bit. I'm an avid reader (especially of history). I teach professional ethics as an adjunct at UM Law School (believe me, if you saw the "stipend" check, you'd know it is a hobby). I shoot competitively.

We're about to add a member to the family -- a Weimeraner puppy -- and she will be a hobby for certain (if you mean a consuming and pleasurable interest that costs money).

Posted 6 years ago #
  17. thatbeetleguy

thatbeetleguy

Login to Send PM

I am an entomologist (aka I study insects) as a career and hobby. It allows me to do things that I like such as being out in the wilderness, traveling, enjoying nature, star gazing (when night collecting), exploring, and learning about the weird stuff in nature.

@lankfordjl: Ah! A fellow insect collector!
    @ruraldean: What kind of colubrids do you own? Corns, Milks, Kings?

Other than that:
    -painting/playing miniature "war games" (Warhammer 40K, Warmachine)
    -drawing/sketching
    -reading (mostly comic books, myths, and fantasy)
    -playing role playing games (Dungeon and Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Shadowrun, Champions)
    -Fishing (whenever I can)
    -Being a Star Wars fan
    -Costume building (although haven't finished a single one of them at all )
    -Being a collector of various things

“The fact is, Squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It’s the poor man’s friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth.”
    -Sam Slick, The Clockmaker
    Posted 6 years ago #
  18. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Avid Vinyl record collector and lately woodworking-mostly related to pipe smoking.

Posted 6 years ago #
  19. pipedreams101

pipedreams101

Login to Send PM

i have just added painting to my list of hobbies...i just like doing SOMETHING..all the time lol. im painting a winter landscape right now or trying too...

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few: My pipe of briar, my open fire, a book that is not too new.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  20. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Along the lines of what Tslex said " (if you mean a consuming and pleasurable interest that costs money)." I will include having a wife as a hobby
    But for reals I enjoy some indoor gardening. I have a planted aquarium. I like to collect vinyl my most recents being James Taylor and Carole King. I love all kinds of music. I am an acid forum reader or as I tell my wife "a knowledge seeker." I am a career daydreamer because being a retail manager kinda sucks/don't remember what a weekend is.
    Recently my biggest hobby is reading this forum and smoking my pipe! I also have a rather large collection of newborn girl's clothing, for it is quite fun to get in preparation for my first child

Posted 6 years ago #
  21. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I swear I don't read the forum on acid haha damn autocorrect!

Posted 6 years ago #
  22. hobojoe

Joe2shoes

Login to Send PM

I do these for kids when needed. They all have themes relating to the child.
    There is nothing special about them except the size. Does it help?
    Three kids say they do. IT could be having a special gift that no one else has.
    18 inches in diameter and the lace is 1.5 to 2 ft long on sides and center longer.
    Pretty good size for a small child.
    Joe

Posted 6 years ago #
  23. mountainman

mountainman

Login to Send PM

My hobbies include high altitude mountaineering, hunting, camping and riding atv's. I also read a lot, from comics, graphic novels, to books on evolution or Buddhism. I work in IT for a well known international company, so I enjoy relaxing hobbies that help me find my zen when not dealing with constant changing technologies and critical thinking. Recently I have picked up golf and I am completely hooked. Got my first birdie this week! I also play guitar, though not as much as I used to.

Josh
    Posted 6 years ago #
  24. jcinpa

jcinpa

Login to Send PM

Hmmmm. Some of these I have not done in quite a while, due to economics (the things requiring a vacation destination!).

Karate
    Scuba Diving
    Skiing
    Cooking
    Shooting (pistol, rifle, no good with a shotty ;( )
    Ammunition reloading
    Amateur radio (not long distance, mainly community emergency support)
    Photography

Posted 6 years ago #
  25. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just an update:
    Here's the first of the Super Hots.
    7 Pot Douglah

This is a photo of what it's supposed to look like when it's ready to harvest.

Posted 6 years ago #
  26. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmmm chocolate ghost chili in your pipe maybe? It would smoke itself.

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 6 years ago #
  27. deleon

deleon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Besides pipe smoking:
    Gym, shooting competitions (pistol, shotguns, rifle), reading, illustrations, photography, sketching, riding my Harley anywhere!

Posted 6 years ago #
  28. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Small scale farming / homesteading, hunting, fishing, off-roading, bonfires, bluegrass, bourbon and all general rednecky activities.

Posted 6 years ago #
  29. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just to bring up a great thread to the top o'the page.
    I have just consumed my first Super Hot of the season.

All I can say, as my hair smolders, WHEW!
    For those who Tweet! (and there are a lot of Tweeting Pipers):

Second for those that: (If no pic it didn't happen.)
    Ooooo Baby this sucker (Jonah circa 1 Million SHU's) was SERIOUS!
    I've been stressing this plant for a year.

Pipe to come in a little while.

Here's a stupid person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5C9TPlq3CM

Posted 5 years ago #
  30. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gun collecting, hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, shooting, motorcycle riding, guitars, reading, old movies, and music to name a few!

Posted 5 years ago #
  31. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm currently writing my first fantasy. The fantasy genre, some of the characters and of course the writers such as Tolkien and Jordan helped inspire me to take up the pipe I also love writing and recording music, hard rock/metal mostly. I've a full cd finished. I'm not a record producer, but it still turned out pretty descent. My other hobby is staring at the Pipesmagazine forums for hours on end.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 5 years ago #
  32. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My other hobby is staring at the Pipesmagazine forums for hours on end.

Mine too brother.
    Mine too.

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. phil22

phil22

Login to Send PM

Good thread. I have a lot of other hobbies/interests:

I like to study Scripture as well as theology.
    Cook
    Garden
    I collect antique English boxes as well as antique Persian rugs
    I coach kids privately on baseball hitting
    I am blessed to be able to travel to Europe a couple times of year and love traveling with my wife.
    My first grandchild will be here soon and I will teach him all the above (as well as pipes when he is old enough)

Posted 5 years ago #
  34. radio807

radio807

Login to Send PM

Amateur radio, shooting, motorcycling.

Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  35. User has not uploaded an avatar

drcarlo

Login to Send PM

Coffee...and coffee machines...

Posted 5 years ago #
  36. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Boomerangs! I can't throw a football 70 yards, but I can make a little stick fly in a 70 yard ellipse. With the longest ones, you can stand at one goalpost and throw it around the other goalpost with a full return. I have an MTA (maximum time aloft), that is good for 30 second flights. The longest recorded flight was over 17 minutes. Sometimes they catch a thermal and just fly away.

English, nice to see someone else play ASL. I have spent many hours playing original Squad Leader with old buddy Tim. We started playing in 1979, and I have NEVER played the Allies - I'm the Germans. I love Shermans, because they're easy to kill, and hate the Russians, because my armor superiority goes away.

Posted 5 years ago #
  37. User has not uploaded an avatar

drcarlo

Login to Send PM

I cook - please no wife in MY kitchen.
    I study Islamic jurisprudence, theology and arabic grammar. Yes, I'm religious and yes, I know very well I should not smoke all the time, which I do.
    When we can, we travel. But it's not that often anymore because we have 4 dogs. 2 of them I train and compete in dog agility.

Posted 5 years ago #
  38. werdna

werdna

Login to Send PM

My hobbies include woodworking, photography, and fishing. Although this year I've yet to do any fishing as I'm busy working on my house. Camping, hiking, and hunting were big in my younger days.

And to all a good night.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  39. gecko13

gecko13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have too many hobbies/interests, but have narrowed it down a little:

Woodworking - This has become more an obsession than a hobby
    Model Railroads - Mostly HO scale, but looking to one day get into G scale (garden railroads)
    Radio Control Airplanes - Mostly sport class and some gliders
    Gardening - Someone has to keep the local deer and rabbits fed. 8-(
    Cigars - How else can you smoke the equivalent of an entire tin in one sitting
    Cooking/BBQ/Smoker - I'd put my smoked ribs up against anyone

"To Learn Who Rules You, Find Out Who You Can't Criticize" Voltaire

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  40. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Shooting, reading, camping, outdoor recreation. But these days with the little one I only get an occasional pipe as a distraction, the rest of the time is family time. Which is pretty cool.

". . . I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
    - INVICTUS
    Posted 5 years ago #
  41. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've got lots of hobbies. Cycling is one of my favorites. In the last six days I've ridden 147 miles and I feel awesome for it. This is the most comfortable bicycle in my collection. A dual suspension recumbent built in Germany by a company called HP Velotechnik. It's the Sport-touring sedan version of the recumbent world and my first choice for rides over two hours in length.

Posted 5 years ago #
  42. smeigs

smeigs

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, metal detecting, cooking, caring for reptiles, working out and riding motorcycles.

“A pipe in the mouth makes it clear that there has been no mistake–you are undoubtedly a man.”
    Posted 5 years ago #
  43. dermotfahy

dermotfahy

Login to Send PM

Fishing, Canoeing, working on a particularly persnickety old Volvo Pee-Vee, collecting LP records (Baroque and Swing predominantly), History.

I've had the opportunity to observe human beings for seven decades, and if you do it for that long and don't have a foul disposition, either you're simple or you haven't been paying attention.
    - David E. Petzal
    Posted 5 years ago #
  44. mustanggt

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hunt, fish, shoot, reload, cast my own boolits, garden, read fart around in my shop.

Posted 5 years ago #
  45. tarak

tarak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I pistol shoot- was just starting to dabble in USPSA competitive shooting when I took a job with a church- and all the local meets are on Sunday mornings. For some reason, the want me to be at church and not at the pistol matches

Big time musician- which is what I do at church. Love guitar and writing music.

Love to cook and grill.

Love my wife and little boy.

Posted 5 years ago #
  46. terrygoldman123

terrygoldman123

Login to Send PM

Reading, writing,baseball and music-the Blues in particular.

Posted 5 years ago #
  47. bryanf

bryanf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Backpacking, Avid reader of both the Bible and Sci-Fi (currently on a Niven kick), Motorcycle riding. I also play harmonica, penny whistle, and melodica. My 3 dogs- hiking and going to the park with my wife and son. I used to shoot a lot before the Obama induced ammo shortage.

Posted 5 years ago #
  48. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I also enjoy cooking/baking, movies, music, video games, and guns.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 5 years ago #
  49. bullbriar

bullbriar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm also into fishing, hunting, woodworking, cooking, straight razors, and the Red Sox.

If you could kick the person in the pants most responsible for your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

Theodore Roosevelt.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  50. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tarak, good luck & congrats.
    RVing, boating, Fishing, shooting (pistol)

Posted 5 years ago #
  51. 4noggins

4noggins

Login to Send PM

Don't have many, but Sailing and Long Distance Running take up most of my free time.

Rich Gottlieb
    4noggins.com

Posted 5 years ago #
  52. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I forgot snowboarding, go carts/ATVs/anything you can drive, tattoos, piercings, hookahs, and cigars

Posted 5 years ago #
  53. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Musician, love playing the guitar (especially blues).

Love to cook (don't touch my grill).
    *Lawrence send some of those hot peppers my way. I'm a spice food addict. Got some habanero's in my garden but yours look even hotter!

Golfing (more the cigar smoking than the actual golfing).

And more cigar smoking. Huge Nub fan.

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 5 years ago #
  54. politicalmonster

politicalmonster

Login to Send PM

Reading, Writing science fiction and fantasy, shooting rifle and pistol, collecting (and sampling) bourbons and scotches, and a bit of woodworking when I can.
    -PM

A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    -Thomas Paine
    http://erinmcdowell.blogspot.com/
    Posted 5 years ago #
  55. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Guitars, Guns, and Speed (motorcycle and cars, not the other kind).

Posted 5 years ago #
  56. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got some habanero's in my garden but yours look even hotter!

Just a bit.
    The Orange Habanero is rated about 150,000 Scoville Heat Units
    The Jonah above was about 1,000,000+ SHUs.
    They can go as high as 1.6 Milliion SHUs.

Posted 5 years ago #
  57. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I build and repair guitars, and I self produce my own music- everything from metal to twangy surf to orchestral.

I'm semi-retired from paranormal investigations, which took up most of my spare time over the last five years or so. Need a long break from it, but I suspect I'll always be involved on some level.

Of course I do pipe restorations too.

Matt.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  58. cavendish36

cavendish36

Login to Send PM

Hunting, camping, hiking, Civil War re enacting, reading (usually US Military history or action thrillers, e.g. Vince Flynn)

Only a poor, uncreative mind cannot come up with more than one way to spell a word. - Mark Twain
    Posted 5 years ago #
  59. hunterwold1

hunterwold1

Login to Send PM

Woodturning, restoring and building wooden boats, sailing, kayaking, reading, music(listening & performing), teaching, and writing. Recently discovered cigars(for those days when it is too hot to smoke a pipe). Just in the process of building my own humidor for these new cigars. . .

Posted 5 years ago #
  60. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I tend to rotate through hobbies, and there are several I hope to return to as time and money allow. Currently, I'm riding my bicycle occasionally (trying to get back to regular training), learning to sew, getting reacquainted with leather working (made a set of gaiters/half-chaps for my Steampunk outfit last year), and learning to solder electronics (initial foray was a qualified success, as I didn't set anything on fire, and more than half of the LEDs on my first kit actually lit up when I applied power). I also dabble in writing, and attend the local SF/Fantasy and Steampunk conventions. My wife and I also like to travel, and our interest in costuming and conventions has led us to attend SteamCon in Seattle and the Steampunk Cruise earlier this year - both of which we hope to do again this year.

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  61. chagovatoloco

chagovatoloco

Login to Send PM

fly fishing, canoeing and bbq.

Posted 5 years ago #
  62. teufelhund

teufelhund

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I build scale models and also do a lot of R/C stuff planes mostly not really into cars or boats. Otherwise I'd rather just work around the house or on a motorcycle.

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. - Irish Proverb
    Posted 5 years ago #
  63. User has not uploaded an avatar

vabriar

Login to Send PM

let's see. Not so much a hobby but much of my time is enjoying being a Dad and Husband. After that I read a lot (Christian non-fiction and adventure non-fiction), fly fishing, fly tying, family style car camping, games with friends and family, was big into photography but it's on the back burner at the moment, guitar, and have gotten into doing a little woodworking. Sometimes I think my main hobby is getting into new hobbies.

Posted 5 years ago #
  64. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a bump...
    Maybe on the noggin...
    Here's this week's line up.
    Red 7 Pod "Jonahs" = 1 to 1.6 Million SHUs....

Happiness is a belt fed pepper plant.

Posted 5 years ago #
  65. User has not uploaded an avatar

Love the briar

Login to Send PM

Those are some beautiful peppers, I love them so much, I bet those would make some unreal pepper jelly are chowchow, would be so tasty over some good ole black eyed peas. This Mississippi boy grew up around that kind of ingenuity. I'm gonna have to come see you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

Love the briar

Login to Send PM

Those are some mighty hot little weapon grade red hots for sure. And you can eat them, your the Man. I might could eat one with some food in very small bits. How is the flavor?

Posted 5 years ago #
  67. boudreaux

boudreaux

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, let's see... At various times of my life, 35 mm photography (complete with darkroom); fingerstyle blues guitar; graphic/technical design; programming; muscle cars; European sports cars; woodworking; gourmet cooking and baking; gardening (vegetables and flowers); and writing short stories and novella/ novel length mysteries/thrillers.

--boudreaux
    Posted 5 years ago #
  68. dannybeans

dannybeans

Login to Send PM

I do some photography - mostly as a hobby, with the occasional paid gig to support it. Ditto acting and music (I got to be a part of a professional production of "Hank Williams: Lost Highway" last summer. Good times). Woodworking is fun, too. I like to use scraps and recovered materials for that. It's easy on the wallet, and gets some interesting results.

"There are undoubtedly some that smoke a pipe to add years to their age. I smoke a pipe to enjoy the years I have accumulated."
    - saintpeter
    Posted 5 years ago #
  69. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here's an actual size detail of the original photo from above.
    The taste is a little like a cherry... Fruity, and mildly sweet.
    The heat is off the chart.

I love the color of these Jonahs.
    My neighbor said the plant looks like it has Christmas lights on it.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   oldgeezersmoker, jfred, cossackjack, hoosierpipeguy, philobeddoe, ebnash