OT: Witnessed an Armed Bank Heist Today.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I had just finished completing a deposit and was exiting my neighborhood bank today when a masked gunman forced his way in and robbed the tellers and a customer with a fist full of dollars. Scary stuff but fortunately no one was injured. The teller who had the gun at her head was on her very first day on the job. She was understandably upset and I spoke with her dad after being interviewed by detectives. I hope she is ok mentally after this ordeal. What a world we live in.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wow.
Glad no one got hurt. And glad you were done with business before this happened.
Bob

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Holy sh#$% settersbrace ... glad it wasn't any worse than it was!!
Unfortunately, I feel we will be seeing more and more desperation as our society goes through

this very rough period in time.
So glad that nobody got hurt this time. :crazy:

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
That's great to hear that nobody got her, but man, that's really intense. It's amazing how in this day and age, folks can still just rob a bank just like that.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Poor girl first day on the job. Sad thing is she will probably be a prime suspect. Too bad someone didn't save the day. POS!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That poor teller.
Having had a gun in my face about 30 years ago, I can tell you that is a hard experience to get over.
Very glad no one was hurt.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Scary at best. Glad everyone is ok, tough going for the young lady - she'll never forget her first day at work!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I'm armed 90% of the time. Today I got lazy because it was hot. I don't know if it would have made a difference one way or the other but in this particular case, I'm glad I was unarmed. I will never be caught like that again though. I watched this clown fuss around outside the bank and had a pretty good feeling as to what was about to go down. The dye pack blew up on him so he will eventually get caught. He dropped most of the cash and if he's lucky he got $50. POS is right.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I'm armed 90% of the time. Today I got lazy because it was hot. I don't know if it would have made a difference one way or the other but in this particular case, I'm glad I was unarmed. I will never be caught like that again though. I watched this clown fuss around outside the bank and had a pretty good feeling as to what was about to go down. The dye pack blew up on him so he will eventually get caught. He dropped most of the cash and if he's lucky he got $50. POS is right.

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
That is insane. On a positive note for the teller she will have a great my first day of work story moving forward.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
The young lady was badly shaken and it pray that she's able to move past it all. After speaking with her dad it would appear it was her first and last day working for that institution or any like it.

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I too hope she can get past it. I am sure she will. My mother was a bank manager and spent her whole career in the bank. She was robbed so many times we often joked that bandits followed her as she transferred branches.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I don't know which is worse; the guys robbing the bank downstairs or the ones robbing us upstairs.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@settersbrace
Heavy! Hope that useless piece of sh't gets what's comin'.
Time to smoke a pipe and calm the nerves.
Good to hear it was only the nerves that were shaken.
Best to all those involved except the perp.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Glad no one was hurt, the teller or you. Your timing was lucky, to be out of the bank. I'm always a little

wary, at the bank or at a store with the armored car outside.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
So glad all turned out well. It wasn't the case here in Tupelo, MS a few months ago. Two of our officers were shot and one died at the scene. The other officer was severely injured but is in full recovery process. The bank robber was later killed in a gunfight when trying to rob a bank in Phoenix, AZ.

Times are tough. I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse. Watch your sixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.