PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've known about this for a while, but couldn't say anything until there was an announcement. Russ O wrote today:
I love my job. I think most of you know that from things I've written, but what I'm going to do today is one of the most enjoyable parts of what I do. You see, I get to unleash some news that will have a lot of people doing a happy dance. We listened to your requests and worked with a manufacturer to ask for the return of a much-missed pipe tobacco. We're pleased to let you know that sometime early next year, we'll be able to bring back to the US market, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. It will be available in 50 gram tins (sorry, no 100g this time) and it will be exclusive to PipesandCigars.com for the first couple of months. It should land some time in February of 2015, so keep on the lookout. I just got to try a sample that was sent to the office, and it's as good as it ever was. This is going to be fun.

Russ

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
That's good to hear. Heinrich's Dark Strong flake has been filling the void left by Dark Strong Kentucky.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Orlik had more red Va., a little different sweet topping and was a smoother smoke than the PH version. Russ says the new Orlik is like the old, which both of us thought was better than the PH version.

Status
Not open for further replies.