Blend Type: Virginia/Burley

Contents: Burley, Virginia

Flavoring: None

Cut: Flake
Strength: Mild to Medium

Flavoring: None Detected

Taste: Mild to Medium

Room Note: Pleasant
I have fallen in love with this blend.A great tobacco and an even better price. Wen I open the tin their is a nice roundness to the tin note, you get that classic Virginia aroma of sweet, freshly mowed grass as well as some nice citrus notes. The flakes are a nice light color, and are at the perfect moisture level easy to brake off what you want and rub it out and fill. The tobacco light nice and stayed lit and burned evenly. The flavor is really nice soft and toasty with a little citrus tang. If you puff hard enough and too fast it will give you a bite, but if you smoke in nice and slow you will really enjoy the great smell and taste of this tobacco.
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I think that this is a classic in general cmd It is great and a good price for the great quality

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I have 4 or 5 100g tins that just reached their 18 month mark....

Threads like this make me want to succumb to my impatience...lol

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
ska I ordered another 3 tins I am going to try to age but don't know if I will be able to hold out

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Such a good blend. Love at first puff. At first, I thought it was just a good simple smoke, but it really

develops over time and has levels and harmonies. It may not be complex, strictly speaking, but

it is refined and sophisticated. It's elegant, a real winner.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I just bought my first tin and have been on a Virginia kick as of late. This new flake is coming on the heels of my irst tin of Capstan Blue flakes. I have to admit, I was expecting more for a flake so widely herald on here. It must be my tastes but I much preferred the Capstan. But at $32 a tin for capstan and $42 for OGS I'm ok with it. Lol

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
blue I have ben on the Virginia kick too. I think the flakes are a good I only break them in half and it fills my bowl up. Yes the price is allot better then capstan and I like the taste, and smell of the OGF allot

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I picked up a 100 gram tin of this along with a tin of Comoy's Cask No. 7. Popped the No. 7 first and luvin' it! Can't wait to break into my OGS, but as mentioned above:
Threads like this make me want to succumb to my impatience...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you're like me and tend to smoke bulk tobacco and age the tins, OGS is one that will only get better, being

Virginia leaf. If you let it sit around for four or five years, it will only become more sublime. If you can wait.

Hide it from yourself. Bury it in the bottom of your cellar.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
OGS is one of my all time favorites, and I have a couple pounds of it squirreled away.

Though it's technically a Va/Per, I have yet to detect much, if any, Perique in it. It's mostly a straight Va, and a damn good one too! Especially for the price!
P. S. If you like OGS, you might also like Mac Baren's Virginia Flake. It's a very nice smoke as well, and comparably priced with OGS.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the post, bulldog... :clap:

I like OGS folded, rubbed and cube-cut (diced across the grain). It's always a reliable performer.

The small square tins are probably the handiest format. The round tins are packed with several long,

folded flakes, which is a bit of a PITA to deal with.
Geesh, just talkin' about this stuff has given me the urge to pack a bowl of it right now. :lol:

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
petes I do too and I agree with you 100% I think it is more of a straight Virginia also. I just made an order on smoking pipes and Mac Baren's Virginia Flake was a free sampler I got with it. so when I try it out I will let you know, but thanks for the tip.
Your welcome Cortez. I just rub it out before I fill up and smoke. I only bought the 50g square tin I don't know if I would like the flake in a round tin. I smoked 2 bowls of it today.
Sorry Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.