PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2013
Indianapolis
Just posted this on tobaccoreviews.com---thought I would share here as well.
A very straightforward flake with a rather simple and consistent flavor profile from first puff to last. Lightly sweet virginia hay, a bit of peppery spice, and subtle but bright citrus notes.
The flake is of a perfect moisture and consistency to rub and smoke immediately. Very impressed with the effortless preparation needed.
I am half through my first tin and at this point I am unsure if I will order again...not because I disliked it...but because there are so many others ahead of it on the list.
Enjoyable...but nothing earth-shattering about this variety.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I like OGS but after I smoked Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster there was no looking back.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OGS "hit me delicious" right away. With several other Virginias, it was a learning curve, and I grew into the enjoyment.

With OGS, the bond was immediate. I'm looking forward to opening the latest tin, along with a number of other (blends).

The first tin was a gift! From someone who never smoked a pipe! That's a piece of luck.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I just bought a tin of OGS last week along with their Bullseye offering. I have yet to crack either tin. Off the back of this review I may well today. Dunhill flake is also a decent smoke if not a tad 1 Dimensional. I mix Dumhill flake with Peterson Irish flake 50/50 it works for for me. Tames the Irish flake and makes the DF a bit more interesting

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
Rothnh, I have a couple pounds of Hamborger Veermaster in the waiting, I hope two years will be enough. If you didn't like it after one year, I am now wondering if I'd better wait three years?

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
I love me some OGS, but have to say Solani's VaPer sort of knocks it out of the ballpark... That said, I still keep a good chunk of that stuff smoked by all Shrewd Judges.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
OGS was hyped up pretty good for a while in the YouTube Pipe Community, and when I finally got around to trying some I was a bit disappointed. Its not a bad tobacco, but for me it didn't compare to the reviews and comments it was getting by others. I've heard its better with some age on it, so I have one tin in my cellar. I'll eventually see how that compares to the open I tin now I finally get around to cracking it open.
Lately, I've been taking one flake of OGS and one flake of P.S. Luxury Twist Flake and wrapping them together and smoking them together. That makes for a good smoke.

yeperdo

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
OGS - for me this tobacco is a winner! Love the taste sweet natural Virginia. Can sip this one all day!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Working on some 2002 OGS right now that is really a treat. Wasn't amazed at first but after it breathed for a bit it was delicious.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
always pick-up a couple of 100g tin of OGS whenever someone has it on sale. It's not earth shattering but it's a solid dependable smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.