Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Reviews

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Orlik Golden Sliced

(72 posts)
  1. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I picked up a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced. I am not much for english style smoke, but I gave it a whirl.

Not the best purchase I have made. My B&M doubled the price from online sites but what ever. Nice peppery flavor You could distinctly taste the VA in this blend. First experience with a pressed sliced tobacco. I folded 2 slices couple times and rubbed them into my bowl. The first light was a little troublesome, probably needed to rub them a bit more. Stayed hot the entire smoke. Nice after taste and not too much bite on my toung. The room note was what I expected, thick smell of a woodsy sent. Not a tobacco to smoke before kissing the wife for sure, as it made my clothes smell.

As i went back into work from my truck people looked at me like i just got done working in a pig pen. think i am going to put this one up for trade, and stick to my aero blends.

If you can't pack it, light it, and smoke it then why do it. It's a dieing art that must be rekindled in all of us as fortold by our forefathers.

Words to live by for all pipe smokers.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Well if you want to trade, I've got something I think you'll like. Pm me if interested bro. Take care.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

First experience with a pressed sliced tobacco

I just re read this. You may want to just hold onto it bro, let it sit in a jar a little bit and come back to it. Who knows you may find you really like it a few months from now.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think I will keep a couple bowls from it for the future. The wife would rather smell the aero's on me.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Man orlik was my first VA when switching from aroes, you really may want to smoke maybe 3 or 4 more bowls,I HATED my first bowl of it with a passion, second bowl was better, rubbed it out extra and then let it dry a decent amount and try tried it again.....now it is possibly my favorite tobacco, keep trying it at least a little, you may be surprised

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will try a few more bowls thanks guys. I will keep ya informed.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

Is OGS an English? I thought an English had lat or orientals in it. Regardless, OGS is in my rotation.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Its Danish but it does kinda fall close to the english blends flavor.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

flipflopsandshades

Login to Send PM

Opened my tin of this last week, I've only smoked once since I have a very bad cold so it is too early to tell if I like it. However, it was what I expected a full "Virginia" type of tobacco. I didn't get any of the "citrusy" notes/tastes from it but there seemed to be something in the distant background while I smoked it. I hope that I can grow to like this blend.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

eddy

Login to Send PM

Received a bit of this in a sampler and LOVED it. I really enjoyed the citrus notes, they were very apparent to me. Had some Earl Grey tea with a second bowl and it was even better. Plan of stashing a tin to age for later.

"I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the shit kicked out of me."

Capt. Blackadder
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

For the record: Orlik Golden Sliced is NOT an English pipe tobacco.

Technically, it falls into the Virginia / Perique category (VaPer) as it has a touch of Perique in it.

However, I think it is better classified as a Virginai (straight Virginia) as the Perique is in such minute quantities that it isn't detectable.

For the best smoking experience, I suggest rubbing it out, then letting it dry for 30-minutes (if it is a new tin), and smoking very slow.

That will deliver a delicious, naturally sweet Virgina flavor.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. sirsmokesalot

sirsmokesalot

Login to Send PM

I was hoping the tin I bought would get better, But it's still not doing it for me.
    I was kinda disappointed because of all the great reviews I've read.
    I'll try 1 more time in another month before I send it off to a new home!

"The nicer the pipe, the emptier my wallet"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll take it if you still don't like it. I might have an aro you'd be willing to try.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Sirsmokesalot - For me, I find that Orlik Golden Sliced is more of a Spring or Summertime smoke.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. jaysin

jaysin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never meet a tobacco i didnt like found some that were not in my fav list but still......

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. biloxi123

biloxi123

Login to Send PM

Just smoked my first bowl a few nights ago. It seemed a little moist for my tastes so, aired it out for an hour. I love the stuff. I can't say it's a daily smoke but, I find it a very good after dinner smoke.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! Sigmund Freud
    Posted 2 years ago #
  17. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't say it's a daily smoke

Oh boy, I disagree, Orlik is one of my favorite everyday smokes

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. biloxi123

biloxi123

Login to Send PM

Oh boy, I disagree, Orlik is one of my favorite everyday smokes

Orlik Golden Slice just might make me change my mind! I thought it was a very solid smoke and I plan to always keep it around in my stash.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. danno

danno

Login to Send PM

Yes, Love it.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking it is stupid.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  20. dottle

dottle

Login to Send PM

Ok, I just got a tin of Orlik GS and to me,,it tastes just like PS LNF. I laid out a flake of each,side by side, and the grain and color appear to be a perfect match. I do have a bit of a cold going on now so my taster may not be up to snuff, but they sure look and taste the same to me. Any thoughts on this?

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Good observation dottle. I'll have to do a comparison the next time I have both on hand.

For 2oz., the PS/LNF is about $1.40 less than a 50g tin of Orlik (Little Red).
    OTOH, stocking up on the Orlik would be more convenient since the PS/LNF is sold in bulk.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. shawn622

shawn622

Knucklehead

Login to Send PM

I love OGS. I'm with Kevin though, It is a great spring/summer smoke.

There's nothing quite like tobacco: it's the passion of decent folk, and whoever lives without tobacco doesn't deserve to live.
    -Moliere
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've received my first tin two days ago (it's not available in CAD) as part of an order of Fusilier's Ration just to see what all the fuss is about. Hands down, the Rød Orlik is about the most delicious Virginia blend I know. Instantly went to the top of the list. My personal Va blends ranking would thus now be:

1. Orlik Golden Sliced (red)
    2. Rattray's Marlin Flake
    3. Samuel Gawith's Best Brown Flake
    4. Escudo
    5. MacBaren Club Blend
    6. Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake
    7. MacBaren Navy Flake
    8. Reiner's Long Golden Sliced
    9. MacBaren Mixture (Scottish Blend)
    10. McClelland Red Cake

By the way - I just saw that when you fly to Denmark, you can buy 250g Red Orlik in the duty free store for 30$.

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Like Hfearly, I really enjoy OGS. I buy it in the large tins, in sleevs of three, and have a bunch of these tins in the cellar.

Like most virginias, OGS, good out of a fresh tin, improves considerably with age (two years or so, and longer is better).

I have to disagree with the OP here though, as I find OGS is, to my taste, one of the mildest vigrinia flakes out there. And, as Kevin said, if OGS actually does have Perique, they must just wave the Perique bag over the virginias they use LOL (not much Perique, even as a condiment).

I recommend OGS for anyone new to virginia flakes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have 1 tin just to try. waiting to open it. one of these days.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  26. dottle

dottle

Login to Send PM

Go for it hawk,,you might just like it! It took me a bowl or three to catch onto the virginia flake flavor but im hooked now..............

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Im def a VA flake lover already. I just have so many samples and opened stuff that i cant get through as it is. plus, i should have the box pass before too long.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

OGS is mostly a summer smoke for me, when those stifling hot days hit.
    It is much better with age, I try to let it sit at least a year. I bought two 100 gram tins this summer for next years use.
    I rub it out and smoke it in a smaller bowl pipe, typically my GBD Prehistoric Prince which is dedicated to that blend. It is quite mild, which I enjoy. I keep a little Escudo around, but it is a much heavier blend that I can only take in small doses.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. cajundad

cajundad

Login to Send PM

I just discovered this stuff and it is a really good smoke when dried out for 30min to 1 hour before packing a bowl .

"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan."
    -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  30. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a couple of tins of ogs from a previous TAD order. Haven't cracked into it yet, but it sounds like I would benefit from stocking up on a few more.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. ocpsdan

ocpsdan

Login to Send PM

It's fantastic. I think it is a must try for VA lovers. Best enjoyed when dried a bit. Cheers!

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. eazye77

eazye77

Login to Send PM

Every time I reorder tobacco I have to put OGS on the list. I absolutely LOVE IT. The sweet and pepper flavor combined together are a marriage! When I first tried it, I didn't think that I would want it all the time. Thought it would be something I would smoke every now and again. I can't keep this stuff in the house. LOL!

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recently acquired a tin of this through a trade and love it. Agree though that the Perique content is very low. Doesn't hurt the blend, but won't satisfy a Perique lover looking for a strong flavor. A light, crisp smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I cannot taste low levels of perique very readily so for the most part this is a straight VA for my purposes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I cannot taste low levels of perique very readily so for the most part this is a straight VA for my purposes.

It appears there are a lot of people in your boat, Simenon -- including me. Good stuff though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a big fan of Orlik/STG in general.

You cannot beat the price or availability in a tinned blend.

For a while it was hard to source. That seems to have lessened now...

Anyway, good health to shrewd judges!

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. twangthang

twangthang

Login to Send PM

One of my favorite blends.
    I have some aros to trade if anyone has some OGS they want to part with.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just recently tried this blend and love it. I can see purchasing a lot of it, soon!

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have heard it has a bergamot casing.

Do any Earl Grey fans agree?

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. atboth

atboth

Login to Send PM

Orlik Golden Sliced is a blonde Virginia Flake with a touch of Perique. Like all flakes, it comes far moister in the tin than is right for smoking. The reason is that if it were dry enough to smoke, the rubbing out would crumble or fragment it, rather than as is the case with pliably moist flakes rendering a rather nice ribbony texture.
    I tend to take the entire tin, once I've cracked the seal, and rub it out. Then dry it to the right moisture level, or ever so slightly moister than that, and dump it in a glas jar for a day or two to let the flavours re-stabilize.

Virginias tend toward nicotine, so one medium-small bowl smoked slow ("sipped") is the perfect way to start the day.
    It takes some smokers a while before they can appreciate Virginias. First off, smoke slow. Really slow. It is best if the pipe threatens to go out occasionally. Secondly, let it whisp at you, and enjoy both the grassy fruity fragrance, as well as the tingle of sweetness on the tongue. Thirdly, unlike English blends (Virginia plus Latakia and often Turkish, sometimes also Perique), it is okay if the entire surface doesn't light. Often, enough tobacco will be smoldering that the smoke can progress from that point on quite satisfactorily.
    And fourthly, feel free to let it go out if it wants to. Again unlike English blends, it can be re-lit without significant degradation of taste.

Folks who like OGS will probably also like MacBaren's Virginia Flake, Wessex Red Virginia Flake, Wessex Brown Virginia Flake, Samuel Gawith's Golden Glow, and others in that vein. For a bit more oomph, try Samuel Gawith Best Brown, or their St. James Flake. And for oomph overload, experiment gingerly with SG Bracken Flake, 1792 Flake, and Peterson's Irish Flake.

The Rattrays Virginias are also extremely worthwhile: Hal O' The Wynd, Marlin Flake, Old Gowrie, and Brown Clunee.

-----ATBOTH
    Boring wafflegab about tobacco.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  41. moses

Moses

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@simenon: I don't notice any bergamot casing, but this baccy does get on famously with a cup of Earl Grey. I'd say at the very least, they were cosmically destined for each other.

Also, my very first order of tins consisted of Davidoff Scottish, Danish, and Orlik. OGS made the rotation, the others... Not so much. But I digress.

OGS + Earl Grey = love.

~seanMoses

"There can be no doubt that smoking nowadays is largely a miserable automatic business. People use tobacco without ever taking an intelligent interest in it. They do not experiment, compare, fit the tobacco to the occasion. A man should always be pleasantly conscious of the fact that he is smoking."
    -John Boynton Priestley
    Posted 1 year ago #
  42. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will have to give the Macbaren VA a try.

So, i read the pipesmagazine review of OGS, and I saw where it may be purchased in pouches in other areas. Does anyone know if the pouches are available anywhere in the US? Or if thatd be cheaper than tins?

I really really like OGS, and I will likely stock up on it soon. Just wondering if I could get the pouches as a more cost effective way to stock up, not that the 100g tins are all that expensive.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know if the pouches are available anywhere in the US? Or if thatd be cheaper than tins?

AFAIK, OGS is only available in 50g and 100g tins in the USA. I buy the 100g tins in sleeves of three (P&C 5+ may be the least expensive, if they sell those) and age it at least 2-3 years prior to popping one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I actually like Golden Sliced quite a bit, it's a very good VA (like others say, couldn't prove the perique content by me), great smoke and priced right. I like Orlik's Dark Strong Kentucky more, but not by much. Thing is, it's really an aromatic (DSK), and I don't like aromatics.....kind of a battle going on inside my head right now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

P&C 5+ may be the least expensive, if they sell those) and age it at least 2-3 years prior to popping one.

That's what I've seen after looking around too. P&C is thw way to go!

I will age some!

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Seven 100g tins and five 50g tins on the way from Pipes and Cigars

I was going to get an even 10, but I HAD to add two more to get free shipping, right?? So technically one was free! (At least I like to think of it that way).

Happy birthday to me! (In two weeks)

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

WTG Gray!

Happy Birthday!

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. eazye77

eazye77

Login to Send PM

Hey Gray, have a happy one!

Mine is Sunday Feb. 3rd.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I tried Orlik and couldn't get a taste for it. Perhaps I should have dried it out a bit more as atboth suggested. In regards to perique, I definitely tasted it in this blend. I have a tough time with perique, especially in straight va/pers, although I love it in Nightcap. I tasted the pepperiness instantly, and also got the sneezes, which is something perique does to me if I snork a blend with some perique in it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
    that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights,
    that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
    Posted 1 year ago #
  50. redbeard

redbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I received a sampler from an awesome guy here and it was alright, it was my first flake so I rubbed it out. Slightly sweet, smokey flavor IMO. I will definitely try it again to get a better taste for it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'm typically pretty sensitive to perique but really find this blend has very little.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Gray, have a happy one!

Mine is Sunday Feb. 3rd.

Hey, Thanks! I'm the 11th.

I think mostly rubbing this blend out is the way I prefer it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Orlik order!

And a new coffee table! Do you think my wife would be ok if I just stock the drawers with OGS??

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

WTG on the new OGS stock-up, Gray!

Do you think my wife would be ok if I just stock the darwers with OGS??

I just put mine in drawers in the "cellar" (my walk-in closet). Out of sight, out of mind (wife's)

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice table and tobacco there Gray.

I put mine in my liquor cabinet. My two year old likes to help me arrange the tins and asks to smell the jars. In fact when I clean my pipes he gets a few of his own pipe cleaners and some beaters to "clean".

re: Orlik GS. This is a great tobacco. I wish I had tried it first on my VaPer hunt. I just wish the Perique was heavier. It's got a real honest, clean, taste. I notice when it's dry I get a spice taste, but it's more akin to a baking spice that goes along well with the sweet taste. It's not an every week smoke, but I plan on cellering a few tins for down the road.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Out of sight, out of mind

That is the only way to do it.

If you keep it out of plain sight, before long you will have a big supply of various ages maturing away and after the first few months you won't want to disturb them at all - in fact you will probably want to see how much longer you can keep them there...

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will hid mine in my storage chest of tobacco.

Maybe I will find them in a couple of years... or weeks, I smoke a lot of Orlik. It does have a nice clean taste, with just a tiny bit of spice. Everytime I smoke it, I am pleased. Can't wait to see what it does after sitting around for a while.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I know... I won't let this thread go away, lol!

I popped a 100g tin and decided to cut up and jar the flake. I just though the giant hunk of flake that comes in the bigger tins is way cool!

I think I like smoking OGS a little moist, the smell right out out the tin is awesome! Very sweet and a little fruity. The dryer it gets, the more spice comes out when smoking.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. tedvig

tedvig

Login to Send PM

Great stuff! I always have a tin or tins on hand.

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've always felt the this tobacco was fairly close to McBaren's Navy Flake, and after glimpsing this thread again early today, decided to have a bowl of the Orlik stuff. Had this tin for a few years now, and I have a part of a tin of Navy Flake (had it even longer) so I thought I'd do a comparison.

Well, I lit up the Orlik and really, I couldn't tell it from Navy Flake at all. Same tin smell, same flavor, even looked identical to it when I pulled a flake out of the tin.

About 30 minutes ago, I got out the tin of Navy Flake to give it a try at the same time and noticed it felt light and thought "Well, I'm sure there's enough for a bowl". Opened it up and it's completely empty.

Then I remembered: Some time ago, can't remember exactly when, I realized that since they're pretty close in flavor, I'd just toss the last half dozen bowls worth of Navy Flake in with the 3/4 empty Golden Sliced tin so I'd only have to worry about keeping one of them from drying completely out.

So I guess that explains why they seemed "similar".

I do stand by that, though. Not identical, but close enough that if you like one, you'll like the other OK.

Next bowl, I'll be taking off the bottom half of the tin

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. torben

torben

Login to Send PM

Hi fellow pipe smokers

Just joined the fellowship. I'm danish and our guru into pipe smoking were Paul C. Olrik (not Orlik, but Olrik), who isn't among us anymore, sad to say. He made a little book in 1968. The title: "The Tobacco Jar"., where he reviewed 125 different tobaccos on the danish market. On Orlik Golden sliced he wrote: "Red Orlik, a very mild virginia. The smoke is unusual. The taste is sweet, comfortable and pleasant without any fuss. It's a blend which is so light and soft, that it has become the first lasting friendship among tobaccos". All the best to all...

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. torben

torben

Login to Send PM

Well, I have now smoked a couple of bowls of OGS. Last time was 20 years ago. And this tobacco is boring. Not as I remembered it. In my mind it was rich, sweet and medium full. But the blend today is bland and without any characteristics.

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

"It's a blend which is so light and soft, that it has become the first lasting friendship among tobaccos".

Mr. Olnik hit the nail pretty much on the head here, regarding OGS; a big reason why I recommend OGS for puffers wanting to start on the wonderful journey that is virginia flakes.

I have now smoked a couple of bowls of OGS. Last time was 20 years ago. And this tobacco is boring. Not as I remembered it.

I'm not surprised with this. After all, OGS is a mild blend, with very subtle nuances. Besides, our tastes change over time, and it's difficult, at least for me, to zero in and accurately recall a blend I last smoked 20 years ago while trying to compare than foggy memory to the same blend today (which often is not the same composition and/or made by the same blender, but that discussion is for another day).

I will say that I find that OGS matures into a noticeably fuller, richer smoke once aged a few years or longer. The longer it's cellared, the more these qualities improve (to my taste anyway).

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. eazye77

eazye77

Login to Send PM

OGS is some good stuff to me. I ordered the big tin this time because once I start it won't last.

Haven't even opened it yet because of it.

It will stay in my rotation for sure!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  65. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

I'll have to try some of this. It's on my order list.

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. trucha

trucha

Login to Send PM

I just popped a tin yesterday and it is a favorite. Especially for the price. I've smoked 5 bowls now in 3 different pipes and it is different in all of them. It seemed like a good moisture content and the first bowl I didn;t even dry out and it smoked all the way through with no relights. Even when put down for a few minutes. It will be a go-to especially for the price. I can see it being a "summer smoke" becasue it tastes rather light.

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Happy to hear you enjoy OGS, trucha. It's a great mild virgnia flake, hence, with Dunhill Flake, a recommendation for puffers wanting to step into virginia flake blends.

Posted 1 year ago #
  68. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree that the moisture is perfect right out of the tin. If you dry ot more, I think that it gets a little more "spicy" tasting and the sweetness backs off a little

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. eazye77

eazye77

Login to Send PM

Just opened my tin this morning. . . .Uh oh, trouble!

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

uh oh! I order the big tins too! Mmm,mmm, Orlik. I love the giant flake that comes in the 100g tins.

Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lockdown199, dolomite128, msandoval858, claypipesarchaeologist, irish, weezell, captainsousie, ithelouniverse, samanden, settersbrace, leonidas, dixie, bookn3rd5, woodsroad, reichenbach, plains, teufelhund, wilson, bigmike, cuchulain, sfsteves, radio807, dochudson, kibo, conlejm, sergemoat, morton, ssjones