PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Dark Kentucky is one of those medium strength flakes with enough body to truly please everyone. The flakes presented in the tin are beautiful; the colors of each individual flake range from dark brown on one edge to a lighter brown on the opposing edge. Moisture content was perfect and the in tin aroma was delightfully sweet, not chemical though, and deeply haylike. This rubbed out very easily, packed well and became alight quite easily. The volume of smoke was not as much as I usually want, but definitely satisfying. Rolling the smoke in my mouth and off into the air was very pleasing; nice, dark, sugary flavors and aromas. Very nice, very nice indeed. The flavor profile was constant, not too varied, but I found this to be perfect at times when paying attention to subtle nuances is not what you want...all you want is a great, richly satisfying smoke that leaves you feeling full and satisfied. I tried an hour of alternating between some intense puffing to smoke up the room, cloud my senses and then sipping as you might do while listening to music or watching a game on the tube. All around, an excellent choice. Highest Recommendations!

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I saw the reviews for this one when I was looking for blends with dark fired Kentucky and was disappointed when I found it was not available to me in the online shops, it looks amazing. I'm also interested in how it compares to HH Old Dark Fired which is now a daily smoke for me. Happy to hear it will be widely distributed in the U.S. but I don't think pipesandcigars ship to Canada. I'll be waiting impatiently.
Edit: I posted before seeing your reply sparks. Thanks for the comparison.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Gigger- The last time I saw Peter he and his son were in Gatlinburg at an event. Peter was loading up with Dark Strong and said "I love this, I smoke it all day. In the morning I fold and stuff, but the further through the day (and elbowing his son) and the more I deal with him, the more I rub it out." Peter was top notch, and sorely missed up here.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I much prefer DK to ODF...ODF I found to be quite a vapid weed...not sure why and I tried two different tins from two different lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.