PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I opened a jar of OGS that had been sitting around for monthsand discovered that the baccy had dried out. I tossed a humidifier button in the container and let it sit for a day. The blend had re-hydrated nicely and the first bowl was delicious. I smoked the rest of the batch over a few days, enjoying the product immensely.
I only later realized that the improved taste was because the tobacco had aged for a year or so since I had last smoked it. I was reminded how delicious Virginias can be after some time resting - even in non-ideal conditions.
I'll have to add a few tins of OGS to me cellar and age them properly.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
I'm hoping that this will be the case for a tin of old Capstan blue that I bought off of Pipestud. It is 70s or 80s vintage and was quite dry. I rehydrated it but have not yet tried it. Letting it set in a sealed jar to give it a little more time. OGS is just so-so for me. I seem to like the stronger, darker blends, but I'm hoping that putting several years on the few tins I have of OGS will do its magic, and that my tastes will sharpen enough over time to appreciate it more

Status
Not open for further replies.