PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
So as I dive deeper and deeper into the hobby of pipe smoking, I come across more and more posts containing mystical words like Yenidje, Basma, Dubeck, Bashi Bagli, Smyrna, and Xanthia (to list a few). Now, I can identify Latakia in a blend, the aroma and flavour of the leaf is pretty obvious, but is there anywhere I can look to to find the different characteristics of the other Oriental leaves, or conversely, are there are any blends that highlight individual Orientals to try?

twss

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2011
Austin, Tx
I recently had the same question and found McClelland's Grand Orientals. They have one for each oriental(I believe). Right now I'm on Yenidje and loving it. Highly recommend.

twss

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2011
Austin, Tx
I loved the last line in that article. My brother wouldn't be able to smoke anything after he read that.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have bought Yenidje Supreme but have yet to try it. I'm thinking about getting three or four other McClelland Grand Oriental varietal blends just to see what they're like.
Let us know what you think, schmitzbitz. I may just dip into the Yenidje myself, though I half too much tobacco opened at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.