PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
What's your favorite non aromatic Oriental or Oriental forward tobacco? No McClellands please.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Cornell & Diehl Bijou. Some may consider that this blend lacks smoothness, however, this true Oriental blend keeps me coming back for more, bowl after bowl. I'll be watching this thread as, although I smoke pretty well all genres, I identify the taste of Oriental forward blends as the consummate pipe smokers tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two that come immediately to mind are Sutliff's Westminster (not GLP) and C&D Riverboat Gambler, a tin of which I recently opened. Unfortunately, neither of these is widely available, but they do turn up.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
May be some debate whether or not all these are oriental: GLP Meridian, Penzance, Exotique and Star of the East. I consider GLP Quiet Nights an Oriental and think it is marvelous.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Unfortunately the closest I got to Oriental was in latakia blends, not unfortunate blends but unfortunate because I didn't smoke more of them. I thought Quiet Nights and Gaslight were immeasurably enhanced by them. If the latakia could be called steady, the oriental produced considerable movement. Exquisite.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
I've only just recently started to explore orientals more. I'm adding Temple Bar to the list..

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I haven't smoked many Orientals, but I liked Watch City Cigar Justice Mixture and Dunhill London Mixture. And let's not forget Dunhill EMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.