PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Does anyone have what they feel is a superior method of storing/organizing tobacco tins?
I've tried the plastic totes but there is too much "dead space" for my liking. The other challenge is storing mixed tins vs all same brand (storing a boxful of GLP tins or Rattrays is a bit easier than storing tins from various manufacturers).

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I have probably 50% GLP/McClelland style tins and 50% half pint mason jars. The jars go together in a box. I use the package they come in to keep them organized and do two layers of that in a box that fits well.
The tins are tougher. Once I organized them in boxes by genre. Now I have three categories of boxes: one box for my on-deck tins, one for deep-aging with instructions not to open until I turn 30, and one for in between.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Keep an inventory list so you know what you have and how much. Me personally, I don't have a lot stored up and I don't have any multiples of any one blend. I have about 4 lbs of this, that and everything and I have it organized by when I got it (date). It is kept together neatly otherwise.
I guess I don't worry about it too much. Judging by pics I've seen of other folks cellars, they seem to keep it all fairly well organized by brand and blends, with stacks of tins or rows of jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.