PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockynrobyn

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I’ve ordered 200 grams of tinned tobacco from smoking pipes.com to British Columbia. I was wondering if any other BC residents can tell me how much they pay in duty and taxes when ordering from the USA.

Thanks in advance.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
It can be quite costly. I will send you a DM to give you an idea with some alternatives

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Hi, welcome to the forum!
We had a discussion about this very thing a few weeks ago and unfortunately I wondered into the wrong neighborhood and got beaten up quite badly.
Apparently, the correct way to handle this is to ship the tobacco to a friend in the United States who is willing to falsify customs forms and then reship to you in Canada.
:lol:

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
rocky, what you will / may end up paying depends on the shipping carrier. If via courier you will end up with all the Fed duty, taxes, and BC taxes. If by post, you may only end up with the Fed portion. At 200 grams or less, if via the post ... sometimes it slides through.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Guys, before you start giving any advice, licit or not. Before you stard disclosing ifrormation about sellers/retailers, ask yourself "Do I really know the person on the other end of this conversation?"

Just my opinion, nothing else.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Good point, ben88. Guess there should be a minimum post limit a member must meet before we start offering tips, akin to the minimum post needed to use the Trade forum (not necessarily fixed by the admin, but something each one of us could use as a mental guideline).
@rockynrobyn: based on the info on this page from the BC gov't, you'd be paying around $75 for 200g of pipe tobacco, plus processing fees, which are ~$10, plus some other taxes on processing fees or whatever other shenaningans the CBSA decides to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.