PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracul

Lurker
Jun 30, 2015
Hello guys,

I recently stumbled upon the Hu-tobacco blends and pipe smokers swear these blends are damn good. So,today I placed an order on Hu-tobacco's official store Hu-Tobacco for some €220. After placing the order the page just showed the bank details where I was supposed to deposit this money. No visa/mastercard or paypal. Someone please guide me here.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I believe Hand will contact you at the email you gave to complete the order.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Hans does not have a payment method set up on his site so you need to do a bank transfer/wire, etc. You can email him and he may be able to send you a PayPal invoice. This is how I was able to order some Germain's Brown Flake and his Directors Cut. This seems to be how he handles orders outside of the EU. Not sure where you are located but send him an email. Also, if you are not in the EU, he will deduct the VAT from your order, unlike some other German vendors.

dracul

Lurker
Jun 30, 2015
Thanks for the reply guys. I guess I posted this thread in a haste. Hans just contacted me and told me that I could pay through paypal. By his email I can tell he's a great guy to deal with. :D

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Yes, highly recommended and a great blender. I think you're in for a treat.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Here's my reviews of the HU blends I have tried for those who missed them:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews-round-two
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-hu-scotney-review
I think Hans is one of the best blenders in the world.

dracul

Lurker
Jun 30, 2015
Hi Jiminks I saw your review of Hu-tobacco blends on tobaccoreviews. Thanks a lot. :D

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the reviews, Jim.
Shipping from Hu was to take 1-2 weeks. Today is day 8. I am eagerly awaiting, worse than a kid in a candy store.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Director's Cut is an awesome smoke; my favorite of theirs. Wish I could afford to buy HU blends. I'd cellar them deep and wide if I was able.

May 31, 2012
Old Fredder's is one of the most unique smokes I've ever had, naturally sweet and tasty, nothing else like it.

dracul

Lurker
Jun 30, 2015
I read somewhere that Fayyum Kake requires a lot of work compared to his other blends and some time back Hans had some health problems. So, he is not making it anymore. No wonder people who have Fayyum Kake these days treasure it.

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
I read somewhere that Fayyum Kake requires a lot of work compared to his other blends and some time back Hans had some health problems. So, he is not making it anymore. No wonder people who have Fayyum Kake these days treasure it.
:mrgreen:
Yup, Fayyum Kake is temporarily not available.. I mailed with Hans about it and perhaps now and then when he is feeling ok he will make a batch.

By the way, for some more info on Hans: Interview with master-blender Hans Wiedemann from HU Tobacco – Part 1.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I placed an order with Hans last week. For someone with whom English isn't his first language, his communication was absolutely stellar. I haven't received my shipment yet but have the feeling that this is a blender that I will be developing a long relationship with. His zeal to make sure I was absolutely happy came through loud and clear in his emails and what a super nice guy.

dracul

Lurker
Jun 30, 2015
torque I feel the same way. By the emails he sent me I could clearly make out he is a very nice person and genuinely wanted to help me out. I've not received my order from him yet too and I feel I'll be regularly dealing with him as shipping from Germany to India costs peanuts when compared to U.S. For 1kg of tobacco I just had to pay €20 and the same from U.S would have cost $70. So, I am really looking forward to smoking his blends. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.