PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Soooooooo, just ordered my next Layton pipe! It is the Serpentade Cavalier which has been hauting my dreams since I first looked at one online. I have two Layton's a XXL Bent Billiard and a Serpentade and find those two to be superb smokers and I am extremely excited about my next one. I have always wanted a Cavalier and taking the Serpentade and upping it to a Cavalier is perfect for me. Plus making it a standing Cavalier blows my mind a little lol! I posted a pic below of one he made that won a spot in the seven day rotation I think it was the Kansas City pipe show, but please don't take my word for it as it may have been a different show. Mine will be a black and red contrast stain with the stem material still to be decided. I love his blasts and all of my pipes so far including this one are blasts.
I found my Serpentade had one small issue for me. I love to read and puff. But the Serpentade design is not great for that, sits in my jaw wonky. Great for walking or puttering and puffing though. So I stole an idea from Neptune and will have a Churchwarden stem made for the Cavalier which should fix said issue. If this works as I think it will my Serpentade will be sent to Clark to have a Churchwarden stem made for that also. I love Clark's work and his pricing is still where I can afford it, not to mention he is a pleasure to work with. If your looking to commission a pipe I highly recommend Clark to anyone.
I have been trying to get Clark to let me get the little Gorilla for three years now and still he won't give the little guy up! Love that silly Gorilla for some reason lmao!!
Clark Layton's Website
6148724.jpg

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Thank you monk! I know the Trianglican shape he makes, damn fine looking pipes! I am sure Clark can make any pipe please keep us updated on the new pipe!

It will be a few months before it gets finished. I am swamped in pipe debt ;) plus looking for someone who can do silverwork for a silver sterling army mount which curves at the end. Algerian briar, good for sandblasting. The pipe design is based on 1920-1940's Dunhill Prince Shape.
Chris :puffpipe:

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
I've admired Clark's work for quite a while now, and hear nothing but good things about his pipes. I don't normally like cavaliers, but that Serpentade is beautiful. Just checked his website (which I see has undergone a nice redesign!) and I his prices are really reasonable. I may just have to do my first commission with him! Thanks for posting!

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
dublin, your welcome and I feel you cannot go wrong with Clark for a commission. Just took me a bit to bite the bullet and order, I have not had a single regret though.

Status
Not open for further replies.