PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Escudo, Davidoff Flake Medallions, Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls,and PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. In order which of these do you prefer, and is there much difference between all of them?

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
The differences among them are few ... I'm not sure if my choices are real or just psychological but I think you've got 'em listed in the right order ... I'm not quite as impressed with the PS Luxury Bullseye as with the other three, which I'd put in the same order you've got them listed, mostly because of price since the smoking qualities are so similar ...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I would have ranked Escudo and Dunhill Rolls equally, with the edge going to Escudo, which is cheaper by $2.00.

PS/LBF & Davidoff aren't in the same genre because of the Cavendish center.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I've only had the Escudo and it is fantastic. A lot of people say that Escudo and Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls are exactly the same though. Apparently they are manufactured in the same room.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Supposedly all the ones you've mentioned are very similar. I've only tried the navy rolls, and it is great.
However, I would place Hal O' the Wynd above it. A bit stronger, much fuller taste and mouth feel, but not too strong. I smoke several bowls of it every day.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
In my opinion, Escudo and Dunhill rolls are the same tobacco, produced at the same plant, on the same equipment. Edge to Escudo based on price
Also in my opinion, Luxury Bullseye and Davidoff medallions are the same as per above. Big edge to Luxureye Bullseye Flake based on price.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Out of the coins that I've smoked I would rank them as follows;

1) Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

2) Comoy's Cask No. 7 (just tried this one, and I love it)

3) Mac Baren Roll Cake

4) Mac Baren Latakia Blend

5) Mac Baren Dark Twist
I have some Three Nuns and Escudo, but I haven't tried them yet. I assume the Escudo will be very similar to Dunhill DNR so I'm sure I will love it. I'm very much looking forward to trying the Three Nuns as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.