PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
All the German tobacco I've tried has impressed me, and the recent discussion on HU tobaccos now have me thinking about making an order with pfeifendepot.
If anyone has anything they'd recommend that I can't get through US distributors, please let me know. Here or PM if you want to keep it a secret :D

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think you could focus on the HU Blends for quite some time. I did add a tin of the Samuel Gawith Autumn Seasonal Blend the last order. Other than that, most of the blends can be purchased here. One other blend I can think of they probably have more available would be Germains.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
You migth also want to check out TAK (Tabak aus Kiel) the owner blends a bunch of his own tobaccos and they are realy something else and Falkum also has some interesting House Blends for example a Whisky-Barrel matured Virginia and a white Burley Flake. Dont know if all of those ship overseas but its definitly worth a try.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Those HU blends have caught my eye as well. I'm really interested in purchasing some now. It says there may be extra duties for international shipping. Gonna have to find out what the shipping like to the US. Probably best done in large orders to avoid paying multiple large fees?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
+1 on eaglewriter's suggestions! For example, Tom's dark twist is very nice.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I'm sold on placing an order for Hu now. For sure I want some Fayyun kake and Flanagan. I want something with the Filipino and Indian virginia also. Any suggestions for can't miss blends? Primarily I enjoy lat/oriental, Virginia's, and Vaper blends but also a lover of dark fired.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
White Horses (Its a Virginia/Cigar Leaf Blend) and Directors Cut is also a must have in my opinion.And yes the Fayyum Special Kake is just delicious. A Latakia heavy Blend that almost lacks any sweetness very different from many english mixtures out there in my opinion.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Tastes vary. My must have HU List is: Nashville County, Louisiana Broken Flake, Flanagans, Old Fredders, Manyara, Fayuum Cake and Makhuwa. Dockworker and Director's Cut are the next level down for me. Seems like Director's Cut is #1 pick by many and it is very good, just not as good as the ones I listed for my taste.
My 3 favorites are Nashville County, Manyara and Flanagans. IMHO, VaPers and Burley blends are the sweet spot for HU. I've smoked their straight VA blends. Very good but not as good or no better than what you can purchase in the USA. So why bother.
I've tried most of the non aromatic blends. They all were good and may hit your sweet spot differently than mine. With Pfeifendepot, you can order 9 100 gr tins. Or 7 100 gr NS 4 50 gr. He will only ship so much at a time. With shipping and everything, usually works out to be $27 or so per 100 gr tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.