mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
b4179892.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Let me know how that Margate smokes. I am thinking of trying some of Esoterica's other blends cause I'll never get Penzance since Hobie snaps it all up before the online retailers have a chance to even put it on the web.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Margate is sublime, especially with some age on it. A nice shag cut, burns to clean dry ash. A bit moist out of the tin so its best to let it dry some before packing. Margate is very smooth, I don't find much of a nic hit, but some people do. The smoke is like velvet across the tongue (in a good way). I have heard that Pembroke is essentially Margate but with the cognac top note. It burns just as nice. Both are definitely deserted island tobaccos.

Jul 15, 2011
Dude, that Meerschaum is king! :worship: I'll arm wrestle you for it :mrgreen: I kid, I kid. In any case, that is a sweet pipe and a sweet baccy haul. You are sure to enjoy it. Never tried the Nightcap, though I have a tin of it somewhere, and I'm still bummed as hell that I don't have any more EMP. I loves me some EMP!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I'm waiting for mine, as Kevin said, eager with anticipation.
Esoterica makes good stuff. As a VA/Per guy, I love their Dunbar and Dorchester. Need to try some Tilbury or Stonehaven one day. If anyone wants to send me some of those two, I'm up for a trade ;-)

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I have two more packages coming one from tobaccofrank from youtube and one from cupojoes, always checking the tracking on them haha.

Thanks pipe novelist! ;) come Feb. and Ill arm wrestle you for it haha ( I graduate from the marine corps boot camp in early Feb)
Kenvin: I sure do!

Mick: If I had either of those id probably do a trade but I have neither

Choch: thanks! smokingpipes has margate in stock but its limited numbers

cigrmaster: Thanks! I will :puffy:

reichenbach: :rofl: yup! that's what I plan to do today actually haha

barkar: thanks!

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Congratulations...It's almost like Chirstmas in July when you get a nice order in....... :puffy:

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
You people are killing my finances!! I'm like a kid in a toy sore. Someone has something and I want it or want to try it. Never had Early Morning Pipe or NightCap but sure want to try it. I'm currently awaiting a package that has a new Peterson #307 from our good friends in the UK that Mick recommended plus a sample order of Frog Morton soon to arrive soon(had to order some Autumn Evening while I as at it). I'm salivating even as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.