PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, it took a long time, but I finally got my results today. There is absolutely no sign of Oral Cancer, or even Pre-Cancer! I am so greatly relieved.

It was a concern to the Oral Surgeon weeks ago. Finally concluded that I still have an Oral Infection due to a run of Anti-biotics from 2 Months or more ago. This could take 6 Months to clear up, even with the Oral Rinse I have been using for a Month. The Surgeon said that Medication I take for my lower discs, has caused mouth dryness and left it more susceptible to heat from the pipe, causing a chemical reaction and bumps that resemble and or mimic Oral Cancer. I must continue to rinse with anti-fungal solution for several more weeks, and keep something in my mouth while smoking the pipe, like a hard candy, gum, etc, to induce saliva.(he did suggest I quit smoking). Anyway, I am sorry it took so long after the original post, but while Canadian Health Care may be cost efficent, it certainly isn't fast. Heartfelt thanks to all Members who wished me well.
Sincerely:
Michael.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm glad to hear your tests came back clean!!! The first bowl I can smoke will be to your continued health.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I will smoke a bowl in your honor in the morning , you have been in the back of my mind ever since you told us the news, I know about the wait, I"ve been there, I am so glad for you. The old cajun

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Excellent news, fisher! You should definitely go out and celebrate if at all possible. Treat yourself, brother!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I'm glad it came back negative!! Hopefully it will get fully cleared after the antibiotics.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thank God; I'm glad to hear the good news! Hopefully your infection will clear up soon and you'll be as good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.