PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
They don't seem to be real common but I was wondering what peoples opinion are on Georg Jensen Fireflame pipes

K

klause

Dunno about the fireflames, Jon - in fact I've never heard of those.
However, I do have a beautiful billiard (gorgeous Birdseye) with quite a bit of age on it. I picked it up on fleabay for a song. It is as good as any pipe in my collection. A lovely smoker.
Might be stretching it to heartily recommend a brand based on one pipe, but, that's what I'm going to do. They're quite well known over here, and I haven't heard anything negative.
Go for it - you get a lot of pipe and smoking pleasure for your money.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I've had a few and they were all good smokers. Jensens were pretty much on par in quality with Stanwells.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
He's not bad if you don't mind the whole flying car thing. The robot maid would be nice.
O you mean Jensen...not Jetson. No idea :lol:

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
IMO Jensens were superior to Stanwells in all regards, but Jensen did not have Ivarsson and the other Danish pipe artisans design his pipes, so the shapes were holding his success back. Unfortunately the Jensen factory closed down some time ago, probably due to the same reasons, Stanwell moved to Italy: labor costs.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I'll just add these dates I learned from the latest PM Radio Show. If someone is looking for this info.
Per Georg Jensen told that the Georg Jensen pipe factory was founded in 1954. PG Jensen took over from his father in 1980. The factory was closed in 2001 when he was hired by Mac Baren.
Here's some small photos of Georg Jensen pipes I've owned:
ECkC5MJ.jpg

be3Q4dw.jpg

G8Xxdb3.jpg

wJEJiDX.jpg

dLk5v0U.jpg

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I have one Jensen, bought as an estate. I did extensive reconditioning to it: slight topping, re-staining, oxidation removal, etc. It's one of my favorite pipes. Heard years ago that an American silver company with an identical name had a run-in with the pipemaker and the upshot was his stuff no longer was exported to the US. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
There's a famous Danish silversmith company by the same name, but they seem to be quite international. I actually thought the pipes were an offshoot of theirs.
http://www.georgjensen.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Jensen

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for the clarification, jarit. I misremembered it; but at at least I was close. Oh, and no association between the silversmith and the pipemaker.

tatsntash7

Lurker
Jan 20, 2014
Evening all
Just wanted to post as i own a Georg Jensen "Orange" and although im very new to this i think it smokes like a champ
Did try to post a pic but im a techno dinosaur and just about managed this post and couldnt find what to do...my bad
All the best

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-pipepossible-buyers-remorse

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
I was lucky to find a lot of 4 Georg Jensens from a great seller on ebay for a very reasonable price. They are great looking pipes that are light and obviously well made. I'm a fan of danish design. Two of them give me gurgle but that might be how I've smoked them. Sorry, I'd post a pic here but I'm not sure how.

Status
Not open for further replies.