PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I saw some intriguing Forseti freehand pipes at P&C, and am considering a purchase. However, this is a new name to me, and I thought I'd ask this wise and august group if they knew anything about Forseti pipes, and would care to offer their opinions? As I mentioned, I'm especially interested in their freehands. An attractive pipe doesn't necessarily smoke well. Thanks!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I did a search on Forseti pipes; I couldn't find a single significant word about this brand of pipe. Is this a new company, or is it just now coming to the States?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
These are made by an large Italian factory specifically for us. The brand is new, so that would explain why there's no info out there.
Russ

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for that info. So I would be getting in on the ground floor of a new brand. I wonder if its worth taking the risk. They certainly make novel appearing freehands.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
sparrowhawk, the Forseti pipes in the catalog look like good machine pipes. I like the thick walls,

the traditional shapes, and the faux amber acrylic stems. The price is reasonable enough to reduce

the risk taken on a new brand name. Compare them with some of the established names and see if

you still want to take the leap -- you can get BC, Chacom, Chapuis-Comoy, Savenelli, and Stanwells

in the price range, but if these speak to you, I don't think you'd be too far out on a limb.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Gentlemen, thank you. I think I'm gonna take the leap and pull the trigger on this one. A new company has to start somewhere, and we may well be seeing the birth of a significant new pipe maker. Chasingembers, if you do pick one up, let me know about your review, and I'll do the same.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That Forseti presentation is really attractive. This looks like a big commitment for somebody. If it's P&C, I hope they are successful. Can't wait to see one of these pop up on ebay in 40 years.
You can be first review sparrowhawk. We'll surely be wanting to know how it smokes!
Russ, y'a aught to have one more set in the offerings of the Forseti line, and compete in the lucrative "Poker" market. :wink:
Also, I see an opportunity for after market stem treatments that would dress those babies up really nicely.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Pulled the trigger on the Forseti this afternoon. It's a Forseti Natural Large w/ Chocolate Striped stem, 6 inches long. Here's the pic:

pm-p167710png.jpeg

I'm really looking forward to seeing this in next week's mail; a review, as far as I can tell, the first US review, will appear here. But don'tcha love that plateau?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Actually, there are some paneled bent sitters for people who want something "pokerish".
Russ

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, it appears to be a new company: P&C tells me it's a factory in Italy, so hence my concern because I'm taking a chance with a new company. But someone has to step up to the plate to take a chance, and I'm relying on P&C's reputation, which they are putting on the line by similarly taking a chance with a new factory. Aesthetically, the many pipes Forensi makes are attractive enough, and P&C has done a good job of presenting them--I saw these pipes flash by on a slideshow ad on the PM homepage, and waited till the image flashed by again to click on it and arrive at the Forensic page. Saw the Natural large section, found the Chocalate stem one, and after a few days of thinking, made the purchase. I'll put out a review here and at P&C later next week.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'd bet these pipes will be good smokers and trusty rotators. Marketing new factory pipes can't be an easy task, but they are where the majority of our collections begin, in the factory.

In the hay days of pipes smoking, companies were cranking pipes out in huge quantities and many pipes seem to have shared their lineage in one way or another.

I don't know where there are pipe manufacturing facilities other than in Italy and North Carolina, but even NC is now likely outsourced, like everything else once manufactured in the US.

Dagner went to Italy with his poker design and found a way to get them produced.

Seems that Italy is the place for new pipes these days.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The factory isn't new. They're an established company that makes a number of pipes for themselves and other companies.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yep, nice plateau on that pipe, sort of a freehand/pot hybrid. Looks like a good sturdy burner.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
'm going nuts waiting for it. Interestingly, this pipe is now out of stock, which makes me wonder if P&C only stocks one pipe per model. Now here's an interesting Foresnsi that has to be the amomg the most interesting looking pipes I've seen:

pm-p167687png.jpeg

Pretty wild, huh? It's crazy enough that I might order if the first Forseti lives up to its promise.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Sparrowhawk pointed out a pipe that he liked. The reason that particular pipe was marked " Out of Stock" is because my cousin bought it, and then came over to my house for his initial smoke, with McClelland 2015 VaPer. It smoked well enough, though the pipe got a bit hot about 3/4 of the way down. What was strange was that the stain came off in his hands as he was smoking it. We wiped it with a soft cloth and more of the stain came off, leaving the polishing cloth with a nice dark walnut stain, and the pipe beginning to develop a "natural" finish. Stay tuned for more info as it develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.