PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
What do you all think of the build your own combo running on p&c. I like the tobacco selections. With the pipes available do you think it's a good deal at $75? What pipe would you guys choose if yes?

Aug 1, 2012
It's a good deal. I went for the Hilson but if you are more of a straight-pipe guy, the Crown Achievement is a great choice. The Stanwell is a good choice as well if you like a sandblast pipe.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
By not showing the images of 4 out of the 5 pipe options, they don't give a guy a lot of incentive to spring for the deal, do they? ... still, it IS an offer that is a good one for a guy who is rather new to the pipe and tobacco experience ...
If I were going to pop for this, I'd go for the Crown Achievement pipe and the Dunhill Elizabethan tobacco ... pipe tool and pipe cleaner options are pedestrian and whatever option you choose is probably about the equal of any other ...

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I thought it was a phenomenal deal. I've been smoking (and enjoying,) Stanwell for 45 years and along with the other stuff, plus the goody bag, I made a killing. ,

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's a good deal if you know about the available pipes, which, as it stands is kind of a crap shoot; and you smoke some of the

tobaccos that are part of the deal. For me, neither of those apply, so I'm not in. But promos like this are meant to move

certain items in the inventory, for whatever reason, so it can be a win-win situation for a lot of folks.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I had been waiting to purchase some new tobaccos and when IPSD fell on the same day my tax return went through I made out like a bandit. I got the Stanwell pipe because I am a fan of black sandblast and the shape intrigued me. When I bought mine I was able to view the pipe, but not now. I went with Night Cap and Elizabethan; I have been dying to try both. To round out the three I got Fusilier's Ration since I have been enjoying some H&H blends. Seeing what others have already gotten in their goodie bag has me ecstatic and waiting for the UPS guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.