PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
This is from last week on 11/15, the opening day of Michigan’s firearm deer season. It was 18 degrees, but I only had to wait 2.5 hours to fill my tag. No photo of the celebration, but a bowl of Barbary Coast was involved
1216e9cc-3ced-4b29-be1f-bbd1aea00665-600x449.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Pic link fixed.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
@madox07: In Michigan bow season is Oct. 1 - Nov. 15. Firearms season is Nov. 15 - 30.
@chilllucky: no, not a hike in cabin

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
@beefeater: Thanks! No, this is a few miles south of Manistee in the northern lower. There was a cold snap and we’re 8 miles inland from Lake Michigan, so there’s a lot of lake efffect snow.
@philo: Thanks! And no, I only hunt the regular gun season. I’m too lazy for anything else.
I just picked up the meat from the processor, so I’m set for quite a while :)

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
Nice Buck. Judging from the pic, would that be considered an 8 pointer or a 6? I'm glad to see some hunters and or firearms owners among the pipe smoking community. I'm doubly glad to see posters unafraid to support such endeavors. I've been on other unrelated forums that would elicit howls of protest if someone should post something like this...It's a refreshing change from the online oppression of PC-ism.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
It’s an 8. Kinda hard to see it in the photo, but there are 4 points on each side.
I was just excited about the deer. It was definitely not my intent to come off as some sort of anti- PC warrior or gun rights advocate. This forum really isn’t the place for that. The deer led to a celebratory bowl of fine tobacco, so I figured that was enough of a nexus to post the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.