PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
This is a perfect 2 ounce tin of McClelland 5100 that was canned by David Windsor at the Bufflehead Shop in December of 2004. The contents are perfect. This stuff is beautifully aged, black, and the signature catsup is surprisingly non-existent. All I’m getting is a very sweet aroma. Honestly, it smells so sweet it is like an aromatic. I'm serious.
What is the oldest 5100 you've smoked?
G3XiPYK.jpg

Q19jTzH.jpg

PANdOXV.jpg

vGje70N.jpg

zNWJS0i.jpg

4dHAMfJ.jpg

yvEebUC.jpg

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
That is some beautiful tobacco. The oldest I have is from 2013. Even with only 5 years on it...it is wonderful.
Walt

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
Interesting, the tobacco wasnt in a plastic bag, alot of those older Bufflehead tins (dad smoked em) were packed with plastic bags

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Great shots of some great aged tobacco. Thanks for posting.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Interesting, the tobacco wasnt in a plastic bag, alot of those older Bufflehead tins (dad smoked em) were packed with plastic bags

That is interesting. It is my first two ounce tin of Bufflehead to ever open. I was just impressed by the inside of this tin in general. These are exceptionally high quality tins.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Very interesting for me to read this post. By sheer coincidence, I had David Newman seal a bunch of McClelland 5100 in 2 oz. tins for me in Dec. 2004 at exactly the same time you had him do the same for you. I haven't touched any of it & it sits quietly in my humble cellar. I always assumed the 5100 would be absolutely sublime with lots of age, and your post has me really excited to finally pop one!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
nQAVRNA.jpg

2004 5100 that had been stored in a mason jar.

When I opened it I was under enough pressure that ribbon went flying all over.

I'm in the middle of a severe spring allergy attack, so I'm afraid I cannot give a proper review of the smoke, but its definitely sweet and cool so far.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
@woopigpiper asks: "@drrock that’s awesome! How much of it do you have and do you recall what you paid back then?"
I paid $4.63 each for 4 - 2 oz. tins including shipping which I suspect now translates into way more lately on eBay. Shoulda bought pounds more...

Status
Not open for further replies.