PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I got in some Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fire and Blakeney's Tawny Flake by McClelland. ODF is outstanding!!! It's as tasty as the reviewers on tobaccoreviews.com say it is. It's the only stuff I've seen that damn near every review was 4 stars, well except for the dipstick that gave it one star. Said it sucked and threw it out. Guess he didn't know how to smoke it. The tawney flake was from 06 and was very tasty as well. I have a tin of McCranies 83 crop that isn't any better than tawney flake to my taste. Except for Royal Yacht I've not bought any tobacco in my mass purchasing that I haven't liked. There is something to like about all of them. I really believe my tastes have graduated from cigars to the pipe.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have to agree with the change over from cigars to pipe tobacco. 25 years of smoking just about every kind of cigar, in my later years I'm into not only the flavor and even a more complex pallet selection, but the whole ritual. There's the act of preparing your choice, for me I'll set out different things for to smoke a few bowls while reading something, and then writing about it. Doing me industry networking that is vital. Preparing the music tracks and scripts for my spots in a screenwriters podcast, very excited about that! The process choosing, laying them out, pipe selection, the lighting, tamping and even the cleaning are all... Well for lack of a better word -- centering.
I still have my sticks when my cigar people come over. Having a cave in the house during the winter seems to up my visits lols. So the sticks are now just for the social aspect when I go to the club where I keep most of my sticks anyways. I brought up maybe carrying some pipe tobacco and allowing smoking to the owner and was quickly shut down.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.