PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to make the transition from pipe hobbyist to pipe professional? Andy Wike, Ted Swearingen, Jeremy Reeves, and Dennis Mann all had successful careers outside the pipe and tobacco business before joining the Laudisi Family. I too wondered about what it would be like to pursue my hobby of pipe smoking professionally for a number of years as I worked toward a career in academia. The problem for me was that I didn't quite know where to begin looking for a job in the industry. One evening, when placing my regular tobacco order with SPC, I happened to click on the "Work For Us" link at the bottom of the home page. I submitted my resume and a cover letter and received a friendly call from Ted Swearingen a few days later.
Smokingpipes.com is a special place to work. We take pipes and tobacco seriously, and we seek out potential staff members from across the country who share our enthusiasm and commitment. We are currently looking to add a new member to our customer service team, and I can think of no better place to recruit a prospective employee than here at the Pipesmagazine.com Forum. You guys already spend a goodly portion of your time discussing, writing about, and smoking quality pipes and tobacco. Why not turn your hobby into a profession?
You can read details about the position here. And if you have any questions about the position or working for Laudisi, please don't hesitate to write to me directly at joshua.burgess@smokingpipes or to give me a call at 888-366-0345, extension 126.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I would love to work for a pipe related company. I'm great with people as well.
Do you have to live in a particular state to hold this position? I noticed that SmokingPipes is in SC.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Dream job would be to work for a pipe company. Hell I've got a metric-crap ton of experience but unfortunately I couldn't swing entry level position; plus relocation. I wish the prospects the best of luck!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I couldn't swing entry level position; plus relocation.
Agreed, although it would be an awesome part time gig for sure! I would basically be working to fund my hobby(addiction) to pipes and cigars.
Best of luck to anyone applying!

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
We do require relocation. We've found that it's really in the best interest of our company culture for everyone to be here on site. It also allows us to offer the best service to our customers if everyone is here in a central location. That's doubly true for Customer Service.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Wow! That is an incredible opportunity. Best of luck finding the perfect fit for your company. My Fiance would skin me if I took a job accross country right now. Maybe in 12 years or so when we are empty nesters.
=D

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
You could advertise in Ohio, since 99.9% of Ohioans all end up moving to South Carolina anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.