PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was looking to order some pipe tobacco online and I was wondering where your go to place online is? And what your go to pipe tobacco from these places. I am fairly new to pipe smoking and for that reason I have no idea where to begin. Also, if any of the places have a sampler that would be a plus.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Also, moderators please let me know if this is against the rules. I am not trying to undermine the advertisements.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You can click on any ad banner on this website and get good honest service . Everyone likes Lane 1Q . Pipes and Cigars has some good samples already put togather or you can make your own in the bulk section of most stores .

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks Igloo. I will be sure to check out all the ads. Is there a place where they are all listed? Or do I just have to wait until I view new pages to see more?

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thank you I appreaciate it! I am still trying to get used to this site and I need all the help I can get haha.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Pipesandcigars.com has a nice variety of samplers, including one that lets you select any 6 of their house blends.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers.html
Smokingpipes.com has 3 nice C & D samplers.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/index.cfm
Both companies have great prices and are very friendly. Free shipping on orders over $100 ($95 for SP).

storm

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
So far I've ordered from SmokingPipes.com, 4noggins.com and the Iwan Ries website. All of them have been excellent and super fast.
I don't have a "Go To" tobacco yet, but it is great fun to experiment.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
So far, I've made all of my purchases "in person" from the various brick and mortar stores that I've run across. It's fun to visit these places, and nothing really smells as good as a good tobacconist. However, I may have to make an Internet purchase in the future. You see, when I was in San Diego, I picked up a sample pack of PS Black Currant Cavendish. Let's just say that I think it may be a desert island tobacco for me. The problem is that I can't find anywhere that stocks it except online. I've exhausted the sample. I'm going to try Solani X Sweet Mystery sometime soon, which is also a black currant aro, but if it doesn't compare, I'll be following one of these banner ads and paying the duty as the shipment crosses into Canada.
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
kcvet67 Thanks for posting the sampler info and the SmokingPipes link. I had no idea that they carried a C&D sampler.

ps. Your tip about giving McC's flakes an extra hard rubbing worked well, in part, I suppose, because I dried it out a bit. Thanks^2

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Glad it worked for you cortez. McClelland makes some great blends, but they can be temperamental.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I have only ordered from pipesandcigars.com, but it was a very pleasant experience and because it went so well I plan on ordering a huge order in the next few day from them.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Just for Him is one I use in addition to the ones already mentioned.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I've also used the Retailers already mentioned in this thread, with good results

and Customer service. I'd also recommend http://www.marscigars.com/index.aspx

and http://www.cupojoes.com/ for those of us in the USA. There are others, but

the ones mentioned in this thread provide for the majority of tobacco sales and

are competitive.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
One of the many things that annoys me about living in NY is that I have to pay 75% tax on any tobacco purchase made from either pipesandcigars.com or any other NY-based online retailer. P&C has the best selection of tobacco and the cheapest price BEFORE tax. So I have to look elsewhere to buy my stuff I guess. OK. I'm done ranting.
-Jason
[edit: damn spelling]

tsgourley

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
I buy from just about every place recommended here already. eBay is also on the list, especially from sellers like great-estate-pipes, pipestud, and futurepipes/futurepipes1 (those Mario Grandi pipes are WILD).
I'd much rather buy from a local B&M but it seems like the selection just isn't there in OK, at least enough to satisfy my PAD and TAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.