PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I had surgery this morning (July 25th) to remove three large stones from my left kidney. Two are the size of

a dime, and the third was nickle sized. They went in through my back and got the nickle, but had to pull out

and regroup because of the amount of blood loss. I'll have to go back and do it all over again for the 20cents.

I'm back home and doing OK, but I've never, ever had so much dang pain in my life! Guess I'll be confined to my

chair for a few days.... But I have my friends here and my pipe. :)

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry to hear ya gotta go back TopD. Hope ya get feeling better soon and have some good company and a nice pipe by your side during your recuperation. Hopefully the wife's dog won't decide to perch on your shoulder while you're healing up. :eek:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Hope you feel better soon Topd. One the bright side, it looks like you'll be here more, until you make a full recovery.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. I know how it is to deal with kidney stones. Hang in there it will get better.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
My response got lost into the netherworlds of the interwebworld ?
Sorry to hear that.. and those are some big rocks 8O
Take it easy, relax, get healthy. Lots of fluids, no caffeine.. I don't know what's worse. Passing it or having it removed like that.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've never given birth, but I have passed a stone. I passed it at work and it felt like I'd passed a fist covered in barnacles. I was literally hanging from a urinal by the time it was over. My wife has actually given birth and later passed a stone. She said the stone was worse.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hopefully they'll get them all. My wife had to have one surgically removed and they showed it to her. She said, "No that's not mine. Mine had to be way bigger than that!" I'm thankful that the one I passed was my only one.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thanks for the well wishes and support guys. Feeling a bit better today but still sore

as all get-out.... but I can turn the toilet water the prettiest pink rose color you

ever saw....

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Oh man TopD, I don't envy you in any way, shape or form - stones are the ultimate in suck.
I am unable to think of stones without being reminded of this teeth-grinding, nut-ascending scene from (note: not for the weak stomached). Coincidentally, my wife has told me that passing stones on morphine is far worse than birthing sans drugs.
Video

Status
Not open for further replies.