PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Okay there's always all these "which one tobacco" would you smoke forever.....
...how about: what one pipe would you keep (that you already have) if you could only keep one.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
My Savinelli black set edition. And are you physic, I was just going to post the same post?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I might have to flip a coin in an elimination round, but in the running would be the Ser Jacopo Dublin, the

Joh's freehand tomahawk, the Jerry Perry (carver) pot/poker/sitter made of Mountain Laurel, and maybe

the bent billiard Bari. The Ser Jacopo hasn't really earned its place yet, but it is a fine pipe.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Probably my Nording. It's in the viking style; partially rusticated bent apple. As far as form and function it's the best I can do before either suffers too much.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Rinaldo

Rinaldo1.jpg
Rinaldo2.jpg

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Without any doubt my GBD Ebony, that pipe is my life blood and I treat it as it were a child.

~Ron

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Probably either my 40 year old Savinelli Punto d'Oro or my gourd calabash from the same era.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I don't know enough about pipes to make an educated choice. Of the ones I currently own and if I could duplicate it to have a good rotation I would choose my Stanwell Silver S.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I would be torn between my Peterson Shamrock natural author, and my Erik Nording smooth freehand. Both are great smokers, but the peterson smokes a little better. However, the bigger bowl on the Nording is quite nice.

B

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
My Goedewaagen clay cutty. Can smoke it every day, no rest needed. It is the best smoker I have tried as well.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Right now I'm smoking Scot Thile's bulldog that was NASPC POY for this year. It's truly a magic pipe, and while I rotate amongst 100 or so pipes, this one is perfection in briar. To get a truly great pipe every year, join the NASPC and buy their POY. it's selected with a great deal of forethought, and it's always a terrific pipe.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Perish the thought. But, if I really had to keep just one pipe, it would be the Hilson that my wife (girlfriend at the time) gave to me 35 years ago. Of course there's sentimental attachment, but it smokes like a champ as well.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow, that's like what book would you take on a desert island. It would have to be my recently acquired pebble-grain sandblasted Ashton. I never tire of not only smoking it but just looking at it, it's that much of a piece of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.