PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Do y’all stick to just one blend at a time? Or do you smoke multiple blends in a day or week?

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
I’ve been switching it up myself and think I am picking up better flavors when I do go back to it!!

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I tend to have three or four different blends open at once and choose what I fancy from those. I rarely smoke the same one back to back unless I'm out and about when I only carry one or two.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Usually different blends during the day but probably the same blend multiple times a week.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I generally pick one blend to smoke for the day. Sometimes I'll get in the mood for something different, but usually it's one blend a day.

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
I smoke between 8 and 12 bowls a day and keep a wide variety so I don’t get burned out with one blend. Typically I start with a good strong blend for the morning and then go light through the day back to a full blend before bed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a moderate smoker, a bowl a day, maybe two or none, but counting samples, I have a lot of blends available, open jars, tins, or pouches. I think I have at least twenty options for each smoke without opening anything new. Sometimes I have a blend I'm stuck on and will have three of four bowls in a row, but mostly I stay in rotation with what I have. I suspect I could be content with three blends in rotation in different genres -- an English, a burley, and an aromatic, or something. But variety keeps it more interesting to me.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I tend to have three or four different blends open at once and choose what I fancy from those. I rarely smoke the same one back to back unless I'm out and about when I only carry one or two.
Ditto, but I smoke so infrequently that it becomes one at a time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I smoke the same pipe 2+ times per day for a week before rotating, and usually smoke the same blend all week.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
I'm outside the house for work most of the day so I tend to take one blend with me and smoke that for the day. The next day, something else. Sometimes, If I get home early enough to enjoy a pipe before bed I'll switch it up since I am at home and have my stash available to pick and choose from.

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I rarely smoke the same blend back to back and have about 15 blends going at any given time. My palate changes throughout the day.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
On my table right now I see six jars, a coin, two flakes, and a couple of aros. In my truck there are a couple of different pouches.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I smoke different blends all the time as well. When y'all smoke different blends in the same day, do you start with say Virginia's, then Vapers, Orientals, and end with Englishes? Burleys?? Other way around?
Just curious if you think it makes a difference on the palate.
Or simply smoke what you are feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.