PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Just had a wonderful Friday night. Two friends and I hiked into the woods bordering town and brought supplies. We lit up a campfire, and each lit up a pipe. We were up past midnight chatting and smoking around the fire... talk about relaxing.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I need to do this same thing, but it's not going to happen tonight. Hate to hear that Roth a few of my buds at work smoke a pipe. After i started smoking mine on break sometimes they fell one by one. 3 of them so far. And another talking about getting his first.

B

Aug 14, 2012
Boz: You lucky fellow. I can only walk a little and only smoke very little. Enjoy life when you are young. Don't let the race for money and position ruin it for you.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Better night than mine. The freezer door didn't get closed all the way, and we woke up to a mess! Lost about $500 worth of food, took 4 hours to clean, and the insult was that it was $25 to dump it. That campfire sounds damn good!

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
It was sweetened by the fact that I don't get to sit down and enjoy my pipes very often at the moment, so the time I do get is that much more enjoyable.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I had a similar experience this past weekend. I have a trailer up north next to my parents and my Dad came up with me and the kids on Friday night. After the kids went to bed it was just the two of us sitting and chatting. I had my MacQueen Halfling pipe loaded with Rattray's Bagpipers Dream (my Dad's Scottish and just loves the smell of this stuff) and we talked until 1 in the morning. It's a rare time when it's just me and my Dad, it was great!
I'm going on a week's holidays next week where I plan on spending a lot of time by the fire with my pipes. Can't wait to wind down from a stressful year to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.