PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
So after being away for a few days, I get up this morning, and sit down at the computer with a fresh cup of coffee and my pipe. My desk is crowded with paperwork I need to get through. In my 'pre-coffee-uncoordinated-morning-state', I strike a match to light my pipe, the 'follow-through' of my match striking swing takes out my cup of coffee, dumping 1/2 of it onto my computer keyboard, and the other 1/2 onto all the paperwork.
As the coffee is spreading out over my desk, I realize that I don't have time to get a towel to soak it up - if I want any chance of preserving any of the paperwork. So I rip my shirt off and start sopping it up. My office has lots of windows, but other than the horses, I'm the only one on the property. Good thing I didn't have an audience.
To top it all off, I can't light my pipe because the matchbox is soaked with coffee.
And I still don't know where the coffee cup went.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hunter, we've all had these days, but most of us were not fortunate enough to be alone when we did it. We had lots of onlookers and provided great entertainment for them. You're a lucky guy – you can share your story with friends.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
lol! That is a bad morning.
Personally, I am not a morning person by any stretch, so I can sympathize. Good luck finding your coffee mug.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
This too shall pass. Hopefully by lunchtime. Start the afternoon with a pipeful out on the patio out of reach of anything but a dry matchbox! :D

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hey now, horses are people too, remember Mr. Ed? Maybe they were out there watching as the events unfolded and you have become the highlight of their day with your all-too-common mistake, lol. Hope the day/week gets better, brother, i can't tell you how many times i have done that at my (thankfully) work computer, whether coffee, water or whatever. Luckily, it's on Uncle Sam's dime if any of the equipment bites the dust. I don't think that would be too big a deal though, considering they buy new computers about once a decade.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Perhaps it was a good hint to clean my desk off to gain more than 5 square inches of working space! And I do have a horse that likes to stand outside the window and stare (laugh?) at me...

Status
Not open for further replies.