PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
While I already owned a pipe by Les Wood shown in the bamboo shank group it was always in the back of my mind to get one with his silver work.
When Les announced his retirement there weren't a whole lot of inventory left to choose from but when this hallmarked silver capped Rhodesian with diamond silver band and shank appeared I knew it was the one.
The pipe is rather substantial but the bowl is actually a group 3 size which is right in my wheelhouse. The stain is a deep Plum color and offsets nicely with the silver cap and band. Having some of that delectable 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly keeping it smokey.

banjo
36221239096_6abc7a3b0f_z_d.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Actually it's a shirt from our annual gathering of bamboo fly rod aficionados called Super Boo since it is held the day before the Super Bowl in Fairfield ME at Lawrence High School, always a great day.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That hallmark Les Wood metalwork. A classic for sure. I read somewhere that Les hasn't retired but is working at a much slower pace.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
phantomwolf, I don't clench I have the button resting under my top teeth and the pipe balanced on my bottom teeth, I exert no pressure on the stem.
tozert, I honestly don't know it was only represented as what I've just written but I might not be remembering all the details will try to find my notes

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Found my notes tozert: I have always lamented not having a pipe by Les Wood with his legendary silver work. Well I remedied that today by getting this 2* Ferndown/Parks Premier Bulldog. The bowl was turned by Les and rusticated by Michael Parks. Les added his signature shank cap and a lovely cap atop this diamond shank dawg. So there you have it you were correct in Michael Parks doing the blast work, regards.

banjo

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't clench I have the button resting under my top teeth and the pipe balanced on my bottom teeth, I exert no pressure on the stem.
I do the same. I like a bent stems so they kind of rest on my chin/beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.