PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Baccy is expensive, and I have a bank account of around $1. Granted I was at school so I couldn't make money, but I got things I gotta pay off, so it looks like I wont be getting new baccy or pipes for awhile. My dad told me the other day that I have caviar tastes on a burger budget, which is true I like expensive things that I cant afford. Does anyone else share this plight?

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
My parents are poor too, so it's not like I can say "Hey dad can you loan me 40 buck for some baccy?" I heard about this guy who mad a website asking people for a dollar. He made a considerable amount of money, although I don't know how long it took

Jul 15, 2011
I used to work 2 jobs, one part time at the gas station and full time as a line cook. I recently got a job as an assistant manager at the gas station, and I gave up being a line cook, and seeing as how my roommates were a bunch of meth heads, I moved back in with my folks for the time being. When I was living with the meth heads, I built up a good pipe collection from Ebay and some cheap but quality pipes from online e-tailers. I am now sitting at 40 some odd pipes. As for tobacco, I never had a big cellar when I lived away from home, but now that I am back, I am using this opportunity to build a cellar up before I head out again. I make pretty decent money as an assistant manager and am pretty responsible with my finances, so I wind up doing OK in the long run. It helps that pipe tobacco is a lot more cost efficient than other forms of tobacco use.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
My problem is I live in a small town with few jobs. The closest town is almost 20 miles round trip and the job outlook isn't much better. I work parttime at mcdonalds, and its very hard to become full time. Its the only place in town where teenagers under 18 can get a job, so they have a lot of employees. ALso its winter, so things tend to slow down and everyone gets less hours

Jul 15, 2011
ALso its winter, so things tend to slow down and everyone gets less hours
I hear you on that one, brother. I get lucky because at the gas station, I am forced to cover shifts when someone calls in, so my problem is that I wind up having a ton of hours for a two week period and don't get enough time to smoke or do anything else that I would like, but I have some extra cash for tobaccos. My girlfriends hours are getting cut as well as my moms and dads, and they are cutting back all the part time people at the gas station too. Hang in there man. Itll get better.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
When I worked in a convenience store, every one of us smoked and we were allowed to smoke behind the counter. I smoked nails back then, but a pipe would have made for a nicer shift.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Yup, Im a college student...anything else to say, I get alot of my stuff from my club, i get decent discounts

Jul 15, 2011
When I worked in a convenience store, every one of us smoked and we were allowed to smoke behind the counter
The nature of the work and the weather outside doesnt make for optimum smoking conditions during a shift. The one time I tried, I got a bunch of dopey looks from a bunch of local teenage stoners. What a bunch of shcmucks. That being said, snuffing while at work makes my nights a little more manageable.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
My Dad used to say the same thing about me.
And I still have this tendency. I've become smarter about it though.
Be happy with the pipes you've got, buy in bulk online, and you should be okay with even a small budget.

Jul 15, 2011
Oh and this is off topic but DID the deal for the pirate cake go through with adam
The Pirate Kake is indeed spoken for. I had another offer that got lost in the shuffle. I am currently in the works to trade some more tobacco though, so stay tuned. I will definitely keep you in mind once I get things sorted out.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Yes they place me. THere arent any resurants in my area really. The closest is big boys and a steak house. bothr are a 18-20 miles away round trip. and i have no car

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
In Italy it's impossible to send and receive tobacco by mail for many reason that I don't know.Anyway if you think there's no problem with american custom i could try to send you some italian tobacco.Of course i must not include in the bag the name of the sender due to italian law.Not sure if the bag could arrive to you with a similar shipping but if you agree simply PM to me your complete address an I will do

Maurizio

Status
Not open for further replies.