PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I haven’t purchased a pipe in about seven months so I figured it was about time to start off the summer with a new one. That last pipe was a Neerup with a somewhat large bowl that I’ve come to love for smoking Latakia blends. But, aside from the cobs I have that have a similar size bowl that is the only briar, amongst my other briars, that I enjoy for smoking Latakia blends. So with that and seeing that the Neerup I have is an absolutely great burner I purchased another with the same size bowl. Yet another curved stem as for some reason I strongly dislike straight stems, but be that as it may. Given my finances it took me awhile to pull the trigger, but seeing that P&C has a 15% discount on everything I took the plunge and saved $25.00 plus the free shipping. I know, no big thing in purchasing a pipe as most here purchase new, and or estate pipes on a monthly basis but seeing that I’ve not succumbed to PAD in seven months I’m feeling rather spunky and ecstatic and I’ll more likely than not bust it’s cherry with a bowl of Penzance. :wink:
KUR5SxK.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Congrats on the Neerup. I've been eyeing those for a while myself. I've yet to pull the trigger on one. Strangely enough I'm not a fan of blasts, preferring smooths, however I prefer the look of the blasted Neerups over the smooths. Perhaps my next purchase will be one of these. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have two. A blasted bent apple, and a small blasted bent pot, and love them both. Congrats on the new score. Very sharp!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Strangely enough I'm not a fan of blasts, preferring smooths, however I prefer the look of the blasted Neerups over the smooths
I've come to appreciate blasts more and more as time goes by if it's well executed. Between a smooth and a blast I more often than not stay clear of rusticated pipes as they more often than no turn me off for some odd reason. Then again, there are those that are well done and that is not to say I'll never purchase a rusticated one if it pleases my eye. My original Neerup is a smooth finish and is unbelievably durable after all of it's use and shows not the faintest bit of dullness on it's finish. But, I simply wanted a change and this particular one attracted me and when all is said and done, it's how well a pipe smokes, and not how it looks. :wink:
tNHxDHM.jpg

andy

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
I love my Neerup - fantastic smoke - reasonable price:
][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.