One MM never put into production, what a shame.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Here is a Cherrywood shape by Missouri Meerschaum that was a prototype that was never put into production. The stem is the original to the pipe since the original fit poorly I substituted it with another MM stem, I like the look. Currently enjoying some Bengal Slices in it, keeping it smokey.

banjo
28a3520d41e55059e6ce2b07d0fd74530e0d4f9.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The folks in Washington, Mo., should reconsider that one. Looks like a potential good seller.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Beautiful pipe. I am hoping to buy a MM Dagner cob next time they are in stock; however, if I had a choice between a Dagner cob or that cherry wood shape I would go for the one the Banjo is smoking. Here hoping that MM reads these posts and gives us a new pipe shape to choose from.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I like that shape a bunch.

The Dagner is stubby and has the straight shank...this looks like a pipe for the sophisticated cob smoker

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Fishnbanjo, thanks for sharing your pipe pics. As an inexperienced cob pipe collector, your pipes are inspiring. Please keep it smokey.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
That diagonally-cut base was a shape they made in the 1960s or 1970s, part of the "Great Dane" series of seven: that (taper with angle-cut base), same with a straight base, straight with a wide shank (think the later Freehands) and no shank band, straight with 1/8-bent stem, a long bowl, and two different eggs, all (except the one) with a saddle stem and gold-colored band-- these predate the Egg & Spool Great Danes. I'd love to see it come back. I have an old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.