PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Close to 49 million adult Americans—20%—used a tobacco product in 2015, according to a new report from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Winston-Salem Journal reports.
...Just over 25% of males were more likely to use tobacco than women (15.4%). The most common age for tobacco usage is between 25 and 44 (23.3% of the population).
http://www.nacsonline.com/Media/Daily/Pages/ND1115172.aspx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4L6qgyMuZo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
And I suspect usage runs the gambit from a weekly cigar to five packs a day of nails. Be interesting to know what the proportions are.

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
There are many harmful things in this world. Approach all with prudence and not desdain. Our bodies have many bacteria some good and some bad. The best approach is to do all with restraint and not go over board to excess. Perhaps that bacteria adds to the flavor. A bad taste could be a sign for caution.

Nov 12, 2017
And I suspect usage runs the gambit from a weekly cigar to five packs a day of nails. Be interesting to know what the proportions are.

Yes, this is true. If you were to mention to your doctor that you smoke only one bowl a month, they will still list you as a smoker in their system, usually without any distinction.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Just heard on the radio News in Greece about 35 % of adults are smoking and in many places tobacco smoking bans in public places are not respected by general pubilc yet law enforcement actions are very seldom executed.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Yes, this is true. If you were to mention to your doctor that you smoke only one bowl a month, they will still list you as a smoker in their system, usually without any distinction.
True. Until I started smoking a pipe in my mid 30s, I didn't smoke, except a cigar on my birthday each year. It was a tradition I started on my 18th... And, who am I to challenge tradition?
Once, an ER doctor asked me if I was a smoker, and I said (with a smile), "Just one cigar every year on my birthday." Wham! Smoker went down on my medical record. Every time I met with a new physician, they'd comment, "Oh, you're a smoker?" I'd re-tell the story, laugh, and they'd leave the smoker status.
So, when my wife finally nudged me into pipes, I figured, why not?
Yesterday was my 38th; I forwent the Maduro for a big bowl of Stonehaven... trying to earn that status. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.