PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Here's a link to a one hour preproduction video of The Hobbit. While I vastly prefer the books to the movies, I'm such a Tolkien fan I have no choice but to watch them. Read The Hobbit when I was sixteen, consider it one of the classics, and will always remember the joy I had when my sister told me there were three more books. Fire up some flake and enjoy :)
The Hobbit

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Four more. Five, if you count Unfinished Tales.
Wow, flashing back to the days when I was smoking other things from (acrylic, variegated,) churchwardens.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
My apologies. I have read all five many times. Some of my all time favorite quotes are in The Silmarillion.
Hail Gurthang! No lord or loyalty dost thou know, save only the hand that wieldeth three. From no blood will thou shrink. Wilt thou therefore take Turin Turambar, will thou slay me swiftly?
And from the blade rang a cold voice in answer: 'Yes, I will drink thy blood glady, that so I may forget the blood of Beleg my master, and of Brandir slain injustly; I will slay thee swiftly'.
And Turin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Yeah. Great stuff.
How cool would it be if my life was as simple as it was back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.