PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
shaped,rusticated and stained then first coat of shellac in just over an hour sunday.

did not have to sand much witch saved me a few hours.

P3100029.jpg

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Oh man that really looks nice . you are getting better by the week . Anyone would be proud to have that pipe in thier collection . Let us know how it smokes . :worship:

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I really like your pipe. What kind of tool do you use for the rusting? Does the shellac give the pipe breathing problems? So many people say not to use shellac.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Very nice. Nice look and dimension. I am going to have to give this pipe making a try soon. Maybe we should have an annual PM Pipe Making Challenge. We could different categories and classes.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
the shellac is a flake shellac used and recommended by pipe makers. i have several pipes and sold 4 pipes with this on. no problems. it`s not the stuff you buy at the hardware store. i use a tool i made called the gouger for the rustic work.thanks

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Your talent is impressive and your work just continues to amaze me... Well done!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
The best part of having no talent, is enjoying the labours of other peoples talents! Great job, rusticated finishes are my favorite by far!

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Impressive as always Dave. Now smoke the entire contents of that jar in less than an hour and we'll be even more impressed! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.