One for My Alma Mater...(A Little Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I never was one to go for yearbooks or class rings from schools. However I had to go up to Fort Collins, Colorado a few months ago on business and I stopped in a local B&M. At the time, I saw a beautiful meerschaum carved in the shape of a rams head which was quite stunning. Now there was a pipe I could be proud smoking as well as have it bring back good memories of my old college days. However at the time I didn't have funds for this particular purchase. Well fast forward a few months and I had a enough to bite the bullet and pick this up. The bad news was they sold the original beauty. The good news was their importer was coming in the next week with a nice new batch. The gentlemen there were kind enough to work with and send pictures as a trip up there is out of my way to say the least. A few calls and emails later I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful new pipe that smokes wonderfully and does exactly as it was intended for. The carving is perfect and the bottom also kind of looks like the bottom of the Star ship Voyager. Being a Star Trek fan I counted that as a double bonus.I had a wonderful bowl of Pirates Kake and enjoyed fun memories of my days at C.S.U. I love it when I drift away like that during a good smoke. Anyway, just I just wanted to tell that little story. Good times. Thanks all.
20130131_161712_zps6d0c561d.jpg

20130131_161952_zps2ad6e0de.jpg

20130131_162225_zps9ef72e7b.jpg

20130131_162009_zps9a28df80.jpg

20130131_161959_zpsf65afa46.jpg

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Thanks guys. The stem and the carving just spoke to me. I am looking forward to see how she colors. I'm smoking the first 10 bowls with a cloth. Hopefully even coloring will transpire.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
That is a great looking pipe and I totally see the Voyager shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.