Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

One for My Alma Mater...(A Little Pic Heavy)

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vespertillio
  • Latest reply from swhipple
  1. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

I never was one to go for yearbooks or class rings from schools. However I had to go up to Fort Collins, Colorado a few months ago on business and I stopped in a local B&M. At the time, I saw a beautiful meerschaum carved in the shape of a rams head which was quite stunning. Now there was a pipe I could be proud smoking as well as have it bring back good memories of my old college days. However at the time I didn't have funds for this particular purchase. Well fast forward a few months and I had a enough to bite the bullet and pick this up. The bad news was they sold the original beauty. The good news was their importer was coming in the next week with a nice new batch. The gentlemen there were kind enough to work with and send pictures as a trip up there is out of my way to say the least. A few calls and emails later I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful new pipe that smokes wonderfully and does exactly as it was intended for. The carving is perfect and the bottom also kind of looks like the bottom of the Star ship Voyager. Being a Star Trek fan I counted that as a double bonus.I had a wonderful bowl of Pirates Kake and enjoyed fun memories of my days at C.S.U. I love it when I drift away like that during a good smoke. Anyway, just I just wanted to tell that little story. Good times. Thanks all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice pipe!

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Gorgeous pipe. The carving is very good. looks like it was worth every cent.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow. Very nice. I think the stem is just as nice as the pipe.

Glenn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys. The stem and the carving just spoke to me. I am looking forward to see how she colors. I'm smoking the first 10 bowls with a cloth. Hopefully even coloring will transpire.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Truly stunning meer you have there and I agree that stem is amazing -- it has to be hand cut. Quite the treasure you have there, Ves -- one, I am sure, will be cherished for a lifetime

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

Absolutely Beautiful Pipe! Excellent pickup!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

nice one - be interesting to see how it colors over time

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. swhipple

swhipple

Login to Send PM

That is a great looking pipe and I totally see the Voyager shape.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   melvinsunsmokedcastello, tadcar, trailboss, forest7, elduderino, warren, mso489, tobyducote, jiminks, nurseman, brian64, jmatt, pitchfork, rickpal14, mmjk, briarfriar, flakyjakey