Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Did you know that it is illegal to openly display tobacco products in smoke shops in Canada?
How f*cking retarded is that!?!
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/one-brave-tobacconist-fights-insanity-in-canada/
This is so stupid that it inspired me to register TheEpitomeOfStupidity.com. That will be a site where we can all just rant our asses off. LOL.

analogmoz

Lurker
Apr 29, 2009
Nonsense! We will fight the good fight and make this a difficult victory if we happen to lose.
The interconnectivity made possible by forums like this have rallied and organized disparate people who otherwise often wouldn't know about those little things called civil liberties.
Of course, we do need to check the ennui and fatalism attached to our noble hobby. Poor smokers are far too ready to accept the role of the indefensible sinner. No other legal demographic in recent memory seems to be so ruthlessly hounded.
I, as one of the younger pipe smokers in America, do solemnly pledge to be dragged kicking and screaming towards prohibition. The authorities will find me heavy, loud, and strangely well-supplied with friends!
After the ban comes, if it does, then I solemnly pledge to grow very good and very illegal tobacco in my yard!

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
I've been at the head of several of these initiatives against the antis; my experience is that everyone went into John Wayne talk mode at first, but when the blue chips were up, I looked around and everyone had exited, stage left. Like Wayne, they put in for a WWII deferment, I guess. Better luck attend your endeavors and that you find a better type of "activists" than we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.