PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Mods, Kevin,
Just curious on this subject. Is a ban forever? Can we take the persons overall character in consideration when banned in effect and maybe smoke a bowl and just relax and settle differences in a gentlemanly fashion? Is is there anything in effect that PTSD and alcoholism could be attributed to a bad month? I think so. I miss him and would like him back in a noob probationary fashion until he proves his worth again to the forums.
We're all pipe smokers here. Lets give (herbinedave)Dave Jacobson another chance to prove his worth within ths community.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Personally, having been banned - for life, mind you - from not one, but two pipe forums, it is my considered opinion that no one should be banned forthright from a pipe forum.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I remember Dave but not the circumstances surrounding the banishment. This is a pretty tolerant forum and I do recall a time when several members got into less than gentlemanly behavior. I'll leave the decision to the powers that keep this forum alive but I also think that if someone behaved poorly that a letter of apology is in order to Kevin and the mods. Let that be the starting point and let the chips fall where they may.

Dec 24, 2012
Can't he make his own "second chance"? I used to run a Meerschaum pipe company and pissed a lot of people off on here and was banned. Voilà! I reinvented myself as peckinpahhombre, the amiable barrister from the Great White North. I've never looked back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've had some good personal communication and deals with Dave, so he gets my vote. I somehow missed the drama on why he was banned (and don't need to know).

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Lol Yavuz could never have the restraint and grammar of Peck.

I think Chris is right. I think everyone has bad days, weeks, sometimes months. Second chances, forgiveness, and friendship/fellowship is the way.

That being said this is Kevin's house his rules.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Kevin & Mods:
Can we please give Dave another shot?
He shared a tremendous amount of pipe knowledge with me and, while his latter posts took a barbed edge, he was a great participant in this forum and was a genuinely kind man to a well intenioned noob on this forum.
Do you all remember the line Glenn Close delivers in "The Natural"? "'You know, I believe we have two lives.'... 'The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.'"
I'd like to think Dave is ready to make amends and embrace the latter.
Fnord

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'll have to think about it.
1. It really takes a lot to get banned around here. We are the most tolerant forum in existence.
2. I will have to discuss with Lawrence, Jason & Ben - the moderators. No major decisions are made without their input.
No promises. I'm leaning towards "no".

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Dave has always been a good customer of my shadow merchandizing operation here at PM.com.

In fact, he was the inspiration for the Official PipesMagazine.com 5-way Tobacco Pouch.

-- which also comes in handy for procto exams.

Latexglove.jpg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I straighten my sheets and comforter.Then fold the quilt my grandmother made in half at the foot just in case it gets chilly I can reach it. I then untuck the sheet at the bottom cause it brothers me to have my feet trapped. I am purposeful in how I make my bed. Since I am the one who has to lay in it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Really, Dervis? I shit all over myself all the time! (perhaps you can tell from my member status line.) :rofl:

"Oh, Cortez, you impetuous devil, you!"

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I don't know the ex-member in question, nor the story surrounding his removal from the forums. However, dervis, that post was the best thing I've read in a while.
Excellent post! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.