PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
For any folks out there who may be like me in enjoying painting landscapes on horizontal surfaces instead of vertical easels and who have 1 or more cats in the house, they probably know what happens sooner or later. 8O

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Sounds pawsitively creative. How did the art come out?

Looking at the title I was thinking you may have been referring to Panthers (Mt. Lions), as that's how the locals pronounce their name around here.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My designated pipe smoking room is off limits to the multiple clawed menaces.
The rest of the house is a contested battle ground.
For you Alice In Chains loving cat owners:
Cat In The Box
jay-roger.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Well, my little baby for the first time ever recently decided to jump up onto my desk where I paint and landed with all 4 paws in the palette I keep next to my painting. Then freaked and jumped off streaking through the house. Didn't get on the painting which is coming along in keepable form but left a trail of orange paw prints throughout. Had she, if I were a fan of abstract art, it may have been OK. After all, I hear that paintings done by elephants are popular. So maybe there's a market for paintings done by cats as opposed to of cats. Fortunately, I use acrylic paint and the flooring is all wood or tile and was easily cleaned. However, now I keep a baby gate in the doorway to at least slow her down when I am painting. :)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have two. Older male and 1 year old female. Both are very well behaved. I do not have problems with them messing with my pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We have three budding artists. Our little female black and white shorthair works in the medium of corrugated cardboard and also woodwork, especially doorframes. Fred, one of our two Maine Coon rescue male sibs, does performance art, placing the buffet key in my bedroom slipper, and surfing the carpet on plastic wrapped smoked fish. Lefty, the gray Maine Coon rescue, incorporates magic in his disappearing acts, sliding unseen into closets and having to be rescued hours later. They all enjoy sending messages to Forums such as rrrrrrrrrrr8, or ///////////////x, and other popular examples. I've done small greeting card watercolors of them, but so far none shows an interest in painting. The little female occasionally does collages of cloth mice, and she has taught the boys to add the occasional dead mouse to their works. Lefty is here right now; he knows I'm talking about him.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
"Lefty is here right now; he knows I'm talking about him."
He sounds sinister.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I paint watercolor, so inherently on a flat surface. I usually don't have a problem. But, of course, on my favorite painting to date, of a vulture, I left it out drying for the night. My cat stepped on someone else's painting, picked up a red paw, and placed it upon the white area of my vulture. No good way to cover that up with watercolor, so it was a sad day. I take a few more precautions at night now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
brightleaf, aw heck, Lefty's a cat, part sinister and part a "Cloud of Love," one of his nicknames, gray and fluffy with all kinds of interesting tones and fades, and he appears a light lavender color in bright light. Cats are among the most successful mammalian species, exist or existed everywhere, and though less plentiful than people are much much older, a sort of magic act among species.
Does it occur to anyone how many artists are Forums members? Pipes and art must be genetically connected.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry ... cats/felines are a family of many species. Lefty is a nickname. He was adopted as Shaggy, which out of ignorance, I did not know was a specific kind of Maine Coon. I didn't even know these would turn out so Maine Coon like, being rescues out of a drain pipe and just kittens. So I re-named him Garland. My wife noticed he liked names with hard consonants, like pretty kitty, and then she noticed he was primarily left pawed, so he got the nickname Lefty, and he responded, so it stuck. At the vet, he's still Garland. I'm an involuntary cat guy. At a friends house for a dinner party recently, the more feisty of their cats, the female, jumped in my lap, kissed me on the mouth, nibbled my ear, and licked my hair. Everyone stopped to watch, and the host couple stood amazed. I'm introverted, so I don't assert myself with cats, and they like that. A little embarrassing but my stock with the group seemed to go way up. No one realized I was so attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.