PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
A short review about an olive wood pipe I have been enjoying recently.

I was looking through the Etsy site about a month ago and came across a guy calling himself db Rekamepip, offering a range of pipes in ash, briar, rock maple and olive wood.

I thought this little olive wood pipe looked intriguing since it was rusticated, so I ordered it. Cost was $85.00.

I have been smoking it for the last few weeks and am really impressed. It seems to be well made and feels good in the hand, smokes great and now that it has a thin coating in the bowl, I can taste only the tobacco. Don't know what more I could expect from a pipe. The rustication seems to be well done, and it does not smoke any hotter in the hand than any briar pipe that I own. The stem is vulcanite and feels good in the mouth.

I"m fortunate enough to own a lot of good pipes already. This is just one more to add to my hoard. I like it a lot. I like it so much that it is the only pipe I have been smoking for the last 3 weeks.

I always wanted an Ashton Old Church (I think it was called), because they colored up nicely, but could never find one that I could afford at the time. This one reminds me of one of those Ashtons. Hopefully this one will color nicely with time, although I don't know what curing method is used on the wood. Anyway, here are a couple photos.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I love my Benner Olive Wood pipe, most don't show much for grain but mine happily does. Your pipe is the finest one I've seen that has been rusticated, I have not seen many but yours is a jewel. I also know John B. who is the maker of your pipe and consider him a friend, he makes pipes with different woods and pipe stone, his Rock Cobs are excellent smokers and have quite the following, warmest regards.

banjo
85615d4755e42bdfbbf063da65e6021854b1772.jpg

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Hi Banjo
If you would tell John B that I am really enjoying his pipe, I would appreciate it. I didn't know his name. It's cool that you're friends with the guy I just bought a pipe from. Just goes to show how close knit the pipe smoking community really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.