PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I opened a new bag of Penzance tonight and took a quick sniff of the inside of the bag, then decided to savor the aroma of the inside of a fresh bag. It was like sniffing a rich, luxurious herb reserved only for Kings.

Penzancesniffing.jpg

A 8oz bag fills up the glass container I use for storage ( found it at Goodwill ).

Penzancejar.jpg

And my Peterson Kinsale XL23 is packed and awaiting the nightly ritual for meditation and relaxation.

PenzanceinaPeterson.jpg

It's a satisfying feeling finding your favorite blend and anticipating the next bowl of it. :)

plains

Lurker
Sep 4, 2011
Absolutely! Especially when its been in the cellar awhile, with bloom. To me, a luscious fruity fragrance.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Agreement 100%. I am finishing a bowl right at this moment. Penzance is my last smoke of the evening, every evening before a night of good sleep and pleasant dreams. The aroma fills my beard with happiness.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
RE: OP, first picture
It's been one day now. Have you taken your face out of the pouch yet?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
How in the heck do you get a tin of ths stuff??I work 60 hrs a week and anytime I see its available,its been gone for hours :(

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I feel your pain weezell, I've been looking for awhile and can't get my hands on any. However, due to my above post, I worked out a trade with another member that isn't so fond. Why don't you bump the "have a blend you would like to try" thread and offer somethin up in exchange for some of this elusive leaf. Or heck, just start a new thread.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I can send out some small samples for those who haven't tried this elusive delicacy. PM me your address.....I'm probably gonna regret this when I have 43 requests by tomorrow 8O

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
The irony here is that one of the local B&Ms near me has about 20 tins of Penzance sitting on his shelf with an inch of dust on them!
The next time I make a trip there to stock up on tobacco, I'll buy a few of the tins and dedicate a couple of them as "sample" tins for forum members who want to try Penzance but have not the good fortune to do so. :puffy:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@hobie1dog..I won't ask for a sample, another kind member mailed me one this morning, but my Que@tion to you is since you're the penzaholic..where do you get the stuff? Are you on some special list? Do have insider info?.. :puffpipe:

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
It was available all over the internet for several weeks until a week or so ago. There is still some out there if you search. I know of two places that have it on the net now.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@rock where?..I haven't done any intensive searching, but I didn't find it today when I looked...if I like it I'll want to be ordering some.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Rock is correct, as you have to go online and find out the names of places who normally stock it, then you have to call all of them on your list every week. As they all receive one bag or ten, every month, so you have to just bug the hell out of them . One place to call each week is Iwan Reis, they usually get some in every month.
As a side note, I counted how many bowls you can get out of an 8oz bag, in my Peterson Kinsale XL23........76 :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.