PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Smoked my 2nd bowl....ever today. Took the day off work, and holed up in the shop for a little woodworking time. Packed a little No.76, and had a 20 minute smoke.....being a noob, I feel like this is very mild tobacco....best part, hours later, when I came back to the garage, it smelled wonderful....I suppose that's what they mean by "room note".....I'd say it's a keeper.
Later,

joe

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Glad you enjoyed it mojoe. Am I remembering right that this is a vanilla aro? I haven't been trying new Aros much but have wondered about that one.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Here's a description from PipesandCigars....
Faintly reminiscent of Lane's 1Q or RLP-6 aromatic offerings, yet in a class all its own. Upon first lighting up Ole Shenandoah, your initial surprise will be the complete lack of tongue bite; this holds true consistently throughout the bowl, as this tobacco has the least tongue bite of any any aromatic going. This blend packs easily, lights readily and simply refuses to go out. It burns completely to a fine, white ash, leaving minimal dottle to contend with in the bottom of the bowl. How is it for taste? Imagine a blend of warm butter with just a hint of vanilla and honey, then add sweet nutty overtones to round out the flavor. After the bowl is done, expect a pleasant lingering sensation on your palate with no bitterness at all. Mild enough to be an all-day smoke....
I don't catch the hint of vanilla, but can definitely find the buttery/nutty aroma.

Jan 8, 2013
A belated welcome to the forums mojoe. I've not tried this blend yet, but I've been eyeing it for a while now. I may add it in my next order from Pipesandcigars.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
P&C has a Calendar special on Ole Shenandoah, which I found after placing my January TAD order... :x

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you like that, you might also like Lane's LL-7, which is somewhat like 1Q but livelier, to me.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I love Barrel No. 76. I have some tins cellared and one open at all times. But it begs the question, what happened to Barrels No. 1 through 75? Just wondering..... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.