PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Ha! I know I'm not the oldest, but I'm 52, so I beat Woodsroad by one year!
Bob

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I think Framitz has got me beat. I'll be 72 next week (April 15) and I started smoking 54 years ago, in September 1959, at the start of my college days. Now I'm blissfully retired. Wonder how many of us have reached that happy milestone?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm out of the running already! This thread makes me feel so young.

Aug 14, 2012
Welcome Framitz: Finally someone older than I. I am 72, have been smoking a pipe since age 14. Like you I was smoking Charatans in the 50s, with Balkan Sobranie. Am retired.

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
I'm 74 and whoever said "these are the golden years" is full of it. Someone once said "growing old is only for the strong" and I believe it.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
woodsroad said:

Please: Only chime in if you are older than then the person in the most recent post.
Given Peck's response, this thread would now be closed if we were to actually follow those instructions ... that said, I qualified only through the first 2 responses before falling out of contention and was soundly beaten by a number of others ... all I can say is that, like plateauguy, I won't be seeing 60 again ... and, like ravkesef, I began smoking a pipe during my first year of college, although it wasn't as many years ago ... first pipes were crap, though, and we'll not even discuss the stuff I set on fire in them ... let's just say, had I been less enamored with the IDEA of smoking a pipe, I'd have given it up and wouldn't be here today ... I date my actual pipe smoking to just more than 40 years ago when I got my first Ben Wade and filled it with quality tobacco ...

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
be 67 in June & I disdain all of you retirees, not jealous mind you! & If I had known I would have lived this long......

Status
Not open for further replies.