PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinster

Lurker
Mar 27, 2018
I was recently given a very old pipe. I'm trying to find any information I can about it and what it may be worth. There are 4 photos of it in my profile. Please take a look.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A little help for our new member...

20180327_141036-600x450.jpg

20180327_140938-600x450.jpg

20180327_140922-600x450.jpg

20180327_140907-600x450.jpg

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
How did you do that? How did you see the pics on his profile? I clicked on his name which takes you to his profile but there are no pics there. There is a profile button on the top right of the screen but all that does is refresh the page because you are already on his profile page.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an interesting somewhat exotic looking pipe. The chamber seems quite small. It looks like it is metal-lined, or it may just have the wind cap. It looks middle eastern or perhaps North African. My guess would be that this is not an especially valuable pipe. It's certainly interesting but looks like a standard handcrafted item. I'll be interested to see if someone here knows more about it. I'd be happy to learn I'm wrong about the modest value.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
At first I thought it was just folk art. But the fabrication of the windcap and ferrule makes me re-think that.
jazz, I got to vinster's photo album via the URL:

pipesmagazine.com/members/vinster and clicked on the "album" button.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
jazz, I got to vinster's photo album via the URL:

pipesmagazine.com/members/vinster and clicked on the "album" button.
What am I missing here? How did you get there without inputting that URL directly? If I click on members and search his name it does not find him and if I select "V" it turns up some names and most of which don't even start with V.
Frankly, the way this site functions sometimes I wonder if it was put together by a drunk Albanian.

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
It reminds me of an Ulmer. Maybe there's a clue here?
http://www.pijpenkabinet.nl/Pijpenkabinet/J-E%20hout%20vroeg.html

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
What am I missing here? How did you get there without inputting that URL directly?
Click on home, then go to My Account, Profile, Public.
You will get here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/jazz/profile/public
If you replace jazz with jvnshr (member's username) you will get to my (member's) profile:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/jvnshr/profile/public

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
If you replace jazz with jvnshr (member's username) you will get to my (member's) profile:
Change it in the URL? If so I'm aware of that. That's the point, it's arse about tit and absurd. Surly I should be able to get there by interacting with the web page by clicking on his name and the like. I shouldn't have to be writing URL's at all. If there is a way to get there without rewriting URL's it's not obvious and it should be. If there isn't then there should be.
I could, of course, be stupid and just can't work it out but your reply suggests to me that the only way is the URL way.
As for the pipe, I've never seen anything quite like it. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.