PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
So I had to share with those of you who are new to pipe smoking an experiance that happened to me yesterday that truly shows the generosity within our fold. I met up with an old friend yesterday after a few years of not seeing him. He and I have known each other for 12 years or so and kept in touch even though we moved apart in miles. We worked hard together to create and maintain a pipe club in our city until the anti's shut down indoor smoking. Anyway this gentleman was the recepient of the first pipe I ever carved and to this day still has it. We shared a fine cigar and some great converstation and as we parted he presented me with a beautiful John Calich pipe from his collection. He knew this pipe was a favorite of mine and John was a personal friend who passed away a few years ago. Of course I told him I could not accept a gift like that, and he insisted. He is a dear friend who has had to endure much in his life with his health and I must now figure out a way to repay his selfless deed. Looks like the pipe making tools are coming back out this winter. My wife is going to be rolling her eyes since pipe making requires single malt scotch. Come to think of it I might just invite him over to watch and partake in his new pipe as it takes shape. I can think of no better way to spend my winter weekends.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Wow thats really nice of him.
You two should make the pipe together (don't tell him its his) then give it to him after its done. That'll give him great memories. And/or make two of the same exact ones, so you both have the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.