PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
Just opened my tin of this earlier today. I have really enjoyed EMP and was hoping I would enjoy this and I wasn't disappointed.
what a great tobacco think I could become a real English blend fan. It's quite mild smells great got that smoky smell like EMP but there is other smells in there. Anyone recommend any others?

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Tobacco Review is a wonderful resource. Lots of good ideas. I enjoy Old Dublin as well. I kicked up the Latakia and went with McClelland's British Woods which is also wonderful. Rattray's Red Rapparee is pretty interesting. Think old leather but in a good way. I have yet to try an english that I do not like but I have also not tried that many. The variation is good and I try and pick ones that have on average better reviews at Tobacco Review.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Old Dublin is a great blend, one of my go to blend's when the weather get's cold. Give Stokkebys EOS a shot,pretty tasty and there's alot going on and at $25 bucks a pound you cant beat it.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys
thanks for the advised I will see which of those I can get my hands on as I'm in UK, Yes I use Tobacco Reviews thats how I picked this one in the first place I find it good especially useful for finding out how strong the tobacco is etc.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Old Dublin is really good stuff. Less popular but also by Petersons is Balkan Delight, which I really enjoy.
+1 on Old Ironsides. I have yet to try it but I believe Presbyterian is good tobacco.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
@metalheadycigarguy, seems the more blends I try, the longer the to try list gets :)

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I've got a tin of Old Dublín cellared and I'm just waiting for its turn to come round. I'm about to open a new tin but I'm pretty sure I'll try the Frog Morton on the Bayou first.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Old Dublin is my personal favorite. The Mac Baren Vintage Syrian is also very good.
Sean is a man of excellent taste. These are two of my faves, as well. :puffy:
In a vein similar to OD,you might explore Sam Gawaith Squadron Leader or Skiff. Other Dunhills to look at might be London,Standard,or 965. Balkan Delight,mentioned above, has perique,as does Dunhill Nightcap. I also like SG Balkan Flake,if you want to venture down that road.
I am deliberately keeping this to just a few blend by old-school blenders. There are many wonderful latakia blends that you can explore. Have fun.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
I have yet to come across the frog blends unsure if I can get them here in the UK but have heard a lot of good things about them
. This is my first peterson Tobacco so I can't comment on others and other than EMP I haven't tried any other English blends. Obviously seems that squadron leader is a tobacco I have to try, though I'm concerned it might have a little too much nicotine for my liking.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Sean is a man of excellent taste. These are two of my faves, as well. [:puffy:]
In a vein similar to OD,you might explore Sam Gawaith Squadron Leader or Skiff. Other Dunhills to look at might be London,Standard,or 965. Balkan Delight,mentioned above, has perique,as does Dunhill Nightcap. I also like SG Balkan Flake,if you want to venture down that road.
I am deliberately keeping this to just a few blend by old-school blenders. There are many wonderful latakia blends that you can explore. Have fun.
I have 2 tins each of London and Standard and four tins of 965 on the way from Pipes and Cigars, they were having a buy three get one free sale. I love 965 and have never tried London or Standard but it sounds like from your description of them I made the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.